Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2019, 05:51 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesSE View Post
Login page won't work.Several tries and password changes won't accept site-given password.Sad to have this junk happen.
Keep trying. I have continuing on-again, off-again difficulty which seems to center on my phone usage. Sometimes I cannot log in using the iPhone app because it rejects my password. But then I can immediately open up Safari on my iPhone and enter the very same password, and it works just fine that way. Who knows.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:01 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Just a reminder that the following steps, plus doing a hard reboot of your phone/computer/tablet/device, often will clear things up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Have you cleared your Internet cache and deleted all cookies? You might also have to go into your Safari browser Settings/Account/etc. settings and remove any saved ID’s and passwords.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:10 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
I've done about ten reboots. The issue is that the login failure *comes and goes*. In other words, it is likely something on the back end, not with my device. If the problem were my device, presumably it would NEVER work - the behavior would be consistent.

It's always the same immediate message "Forum is not responding, please try again later". I can get that message consistently for hours, but then it works immediately from the web interface.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:30 AM   #24
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
I've done about ten reboots. The issue is that the login failure *comes and goes*. In other words, it is likely something on the back end, not with my device. If the problem were my device, presumably it would NEVER work - the behavior would be consistent.

It's always the same immediate message "Forum is not responding, please try again later". I can get that message consistently for hours, but then it works immediately from the web interface.
It sounds like it might be your ISP going down or their DNS server.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:46 AM   #25
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:

One more thing to try: Login on your device then logout and clear your cache and cookies for the site. Then try logging in again.

Hand key your login credentials rather than using saved ones. (email and password).

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:16 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
I've done about ten reboots.
. . .
Have you completed the steps suggested in Post #22 and by Janet just now?

Worth a try IMO.

Peter
Old 05-10-2019, 02:10 PM   #27
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Didn't we have to change user name a few weeks ago?

I am having trouble understanding—do we have to change user name again and change password, or just login again if we can? Do we have to change the password—lots of sites seem to love to have me change passwords over and over. Perhaps I have become computer ignorant lately, but it didn't seem clear to me. Or maybe computers aren't ready to be used by the public.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:28 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
I guess you sorted this out, Gene, because you are posting again? [nice updates in your thread, by the way]

Happy trails,

Peter
Old 05-13-2019, 10:59 AM   #29
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
I guess you sorted this out, Gene, because you are posting again? [nice updates in your thread, by the way]

Happy trails,

Peter
I always have been getting on the website, but wondered whether there were other changes coming with new passwords. I just went though a website change with a credit union where I couldn't use my old password (which I could remember) and have had that happen with website changes before since passwords with 10 or 15 numbers, letters and symbols that only a madman could remember are suggested. Thanks for the compliment Peter.

Old 05-13-2019, 11:10 AM   #30
Jim J

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
I got an Email that said Air Forums has acquired the Old "RV park reviews" website and that I should use that log in to get to all of their websites.
Jim J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 05:08 PM   #31
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim J View Post
I got an Email that said Air Forums has acquired the Old "RV park reviews" website and that I should use that log in to get to all of their websites.
You can simply update your login tomorrow or reset your password. RVpark Reviews (now called CampGroundReviews.com) has long been associated with AIR forums as has RVLife. We are streamlining access and so once you have reset your login this will be a bit simpler to navigate. if you find that you have trouble you can hit the contact link at the bottom of the page to get some help.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:36 AM   #32
2 Rivet Member

Edgewater Park , New Jersey
Angry

So, got tossed this morning (after trying the known password 3 times) and they asked me to use a password from another site that apparently they own as well. Don't appreciate that they are telling me what password to use, that should be my choice. If I want a different password for each site I should be able to do that. The fact that they want me to use the same password makes me suspicious. I changed it but I suppose if I go to log into one of their other sites now I will encounter the same issue?

Upadate: Thats exactly what happened.

• We found your email address on file!

However, you need to log into the forum using your Airstream Forums password now, or if its not available click here to reset your password

Not cool. I used a "handle" previously, but now I have associated an email and a password, and if that is used on any other site of any category I have given up my privacy.
FiveOJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 08:05 AM   #33

Cottage Grove , Oregon
So I have finally figured out how to log into my old account, but the log in seems to be very glitchy sometimes I can log in and sometimes it just will not let me. I did clear the cache and deleted all cookies a few times and a hard reboot, did not help. What has worked for me is to use a different browser and manually type in my user name ( email address ) and password, not sure why this is happening. This seems to be a problem even if I use a different compute ? so I guess ill just deal with it for now ?

Any other Airstream Forums out there ?

Will not be using ( takingflight ) handle any more, back to the original one now.
Thanks to everyones help in figuring out how to get back on the Forum.

Thanks
toolmantaylor
takingflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:06 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
I went one further than clearing cookies and hard reboot. I deleted the problematic app entirely and re-downloaded (iPhone 6+). That only made things worse - I can no longer use the app at all. I have to use the inefficient and archaic web emulator. Here’s the new app error message I get.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	645720AC-D0F0-4848-9FF4-8113B3005353.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	340799  
Old 05-20-2019, 11:13 AM   #35
2 Rivet Member

Edgewater Park , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOJoe View Post
So, got tossed this morning (after trying the known password 3 times) and they asked me to use a password from another site that apparently they own as well. Don't appreciate that they are telling me what password to use, that should be my choice. If I want a different password for each site I should be able to do that. The fact that they want me to use the same password makes me suspicious. I changed it but I suppose if I go to log into one of their other sites now I will encounter the same issue?

Upadate: That's exactly what happened.

• We found your email address on file!

However, you need to log into the forum using your Airstream Forums password now, or if its not available click here to reset your password

Not cool. I used a "handle" previously, but now I have associated an email and a password, and if that is used on any other site of any category I have given up my privacy.

Just as I thought would happen. I got 3500 phishing emails in 5 hours this morning to the address I was forced to use here. At one point I was getting 20-30 emails a MINUTE!
FiveOJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:54 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Oswego , Illinois
Since change every time I go to my email I get huge amount of spam. Before change 1 or 2 once in awhile. Plus protection program has picked up and deleted quite few virus now.
featherbedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:12 PM   #37
3 Rivet Member

1988 32.5' Airstream 325
calgary , alberta
This login process is now a JOKE! some how got logged in after 45 mins of wasted time!! They sent me a new password tried to change it will not let me!
jhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:33 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Are you clearing your Internet cache, deleting cookies, and scrubbing your saved ID's and passwords [varies by browser] . . . every time you have a problem?
Old 05-21-2019, 03:10 PM   #39
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
I don't pretend to understand why some people are having so many problems, but I know when I use this Forum I often get a spinning beach ball that just keeps spinning and things don't load. I give up and move on when that happens because rarely does the spinning stop no matter how long I wait. I get the impression hackers attack this site a lot, perhaps because Airstream owners are all exceptionally wealthy.

Old 05-22-2019, 07:59 AM   #40
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
. . .
. . . when I use this Forum I often get a spinning beach ball that just keeps spinning and things don't load.
. . .
That sounds like an Apple/Mac problem IMO. What is your computer/device, and what operating system [OS] version are you running? Is everything updated to the latest version [Safari, Firefox etc.]?

Good luck,

Peter