Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-03-2006, 11:11 AM   #41
2 Rivet Member

2006 28' Classic
Cincinnati , Ohio
ANDY ol' buddy! Thanks for 'sticking' (HAR,HAR) this one out 'till the end!!! Anyone who had to deal with AS lawyers as long as you did to find an acceptable sticker design deserves a BIG round of applause!

I'm in for a set!!!!

Bob Hastings
'06 Classic 28'
'04 Ford F250 V8

Remember :
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
Margaret Lee Runbeck

BOBHASTINGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #42
4 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
Braunschweig , Germany
We are in!!! We can´t thank you often enough for your work!! A few weeks ago I had a day without the forums and it was the worst day I had in the last years...

Thank you!

Bjoern

Edit: Is there any chance to show my Skype Account in the new advanced profile??

AirstreamForumsMember No. AIR 5535

Proud Owner of a 1971 Ambassador 29' called "Dave"

-A stranger is a friend you just haven´t met before!-
unknown irish

davetheairstream
Pschoerrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:45 PM   #43
2 Rivet Member

1989 29' Excella
Bloomfield Hills , Michigan
PAID!! Thanks for all your GREAT work.

1989 Excella 29
Hensley Arrow
Garmin Nuvi 50

AIR 4580 - Join Date: 03-10-2004
breakaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:24 AM   #44
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
AIR stickers are coming to me!!!!!!

Well, I went out and 'donated' as required, er, I mean as requested per the site. Somebody is going to be setting VERY financially pretty shortly based on the level of donation I have seen spoken of so far. Best of luck with that. I have a Financial Services Guy that is VERY good - call me and I'll contect you up.

I am SO very anxious to see the Logo when it is on the TV, and the Trailer as well.

Would actually prefer 2 of the "clear background with white letters" and as a distant 2nd - possibly, the 1 with the blue background. Any chance of that????? Andy?? J Canvera???

In any case, DO please let me know when the stickers are goin out
so I can be ready.

Ready means READY! Get my haircut styled and combed - with highlighting streaks and totally bitchin dreadlocks in the back. Twease the eyebrows. Light coverup, ever so light on the coverup - GOTTA look GOOD!!!!!!

Then it happens - they spot me on the street. When they pull me over just to say "Hi" to their hero. When they need directions to the site. When they have questions.

For ALL of this - I MUST be ready!

I WILL STAND READY!!!!!! as soon as the stickers come. Waiting quietly til then.....

then......STAND BACK as AIRSTEAMFORUMS is UNLEASHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 03:42 PM   #45
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Get your orders in to be the first with the AIR stickers. I will be working with Jack next week to get our first mailings out!

Thanks to all those who have donated so far!
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:35 AM   #46
4 Rivet Member

1970 29' Ambassador
1959 22' Flying Cloud
1957 26' Overlander
Ashland , Oregon
Send a message via AIM to albert Send a message via Yahoo to albert
I'm In!

Thanks Andy, great Marketing idea. Keep em coming!
albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 10:35 AM   #47
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Thanks Albert and thanks to those who have donated today. It is going to be really cool to see AIR stickers going down the road, parked at campsites and at rallies. It will be a great conversation starter!
Old 03-07-2006, 12:13 PM   #48
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Stickers

I just ordered mine.I can not wait to get these on the Airstream.

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:31 PM   #49
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
I'm in. Mailin address on the way!
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 10:04 PM   #50
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Calgary , Alberta
I'm "enhanced" sweet!

only having been a member for a few weeks, I've gained a pile-o-information.

now...which window to put that sticker?

thanks Andy and those involved in providing and upkeeping such an invaluable resource for information and helpful folks.

with almost 5 weeks still to go until we pick up our new 19' CCD Bambi, we're just about to come unglued! CAN'T WAIT

b. (bought sewersolution, doran tire pressure monitors, and booked 3 weekends of trailer stalls...today alone. It's an illness)
bradk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 10:14 PM   #51
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
I'm "enhanced" now !!!! I feel better !!! Next thing we will all be millionaires
Old 03-08-2006, 12:19 AM   #52
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Enhanced - whats enhanced?

Andy et al.

Spent some time in the UCP tp see about the snazzy new features that my "donation" got me and found nothing that wasn't already there, months ago.

I believe that there was mention made of numerous additional things that were to be grouped and available to the elite members (paying) and I don't see what I recall being offered.

What gives?

I want a better Avitar and this is where I am going to GET it. Fer'eal!

Ideas have been going crazy around the inside of my head and they need a way out, so Andy, What gives????

Axel
SilverToy
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:01 AM   #53
4 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
Braunschweig , Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverToy
Andy et al.

Spent some time in the UCP tp see about the snazzy new features that my "donation" got me and found nothing that wasn't already there, months ago.

I believe that there was mention made of numerous additional things that were to be grouped and available to the elite members (paying) and I don't see what I recall being offered.

What gives?

Ideas have been going crazy around the inside of my head and they need a way out, so Andy, What gives????

Axel
SilverToy
Axel,

I don´t think that our accounts automatically enhance, when we donate.
My guess is that Andy has to turn the switch and it would make sence to me that he does that at the time he pics up all our adresses to send the fantastic stickers. Otherwise he would have double work...
So just a few more days 'til we all go big...

Bjoern

AirstreamForumsMember No. AIR 5535

Proud Owner of a 1971 Ambassador 29' called "Dave"

-A stranger is a friend you just haven´t met before!-
unknown irish

davetheairstream
Pschoerrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 11:10 AM   #54
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Rivet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverToy

SilverToy,

Thanks for you donation and questions. I am going to here is a list of the upgrades. Following is a description of each and more info...

100% more upload space
ability to place classified ads for FREE
Ability to have a larger avatar (160 x 80 pixels)
150% more private messaging space
Ability to customize your member title
Ability to upload animated profile picture
Enhanced signatures (external links, up to 4 lines)
Special recognition (bold username, shinier rivets)

More upload space - All standard members are given 50MB of upload space (to the forum discussions, the photo gallery is seperate) for FREE. All members who donate are given an unlimited amount of upload space (no restrictions).

Ability to place classified ads for FREE - In the near future I will be changing the classified ad system to require a fee to post for sale ads. I want to make the fee different for the type of ad, so if you want to sell a trailer or motorhome the fee would be larger then if you want to sell accessories, etc (in which case it would be much smaller). All non-commercial members who donate will get access to post ads for free in all the categories. I also plan to intergrate the classified ad system with the forums better so that ads will rotate on forum pages and therefore give more exposure to the ads (and bring more value). Look for more details on this in a seperate announcement soon.

Ability to have a larger avatar (160 x 80 pixels) - Instantly after you upgrade you can go to your Edit Avatar page and upload a larger avatar that can be up to 160x80 pixels in size.

150% more private messaging space - All members get 200 private messages for FREE. All donors get space for up to 500 PMs!

Ability to customize your member title - Your member title is where your rivets are shown. If you wish to replace your rivets with your own message, you can do so from the Edit Profile page. I plan to look into ways for members to keep their rivets and have a custom title but that is not very high on the priority list.

Ability to upload animated profile picture - You can upload an animated .gif to your profile from the Edit Profile Picture page. File size limits still apply.

Enhanced signatures (external links, up to 4 lines) - In the near future we will be introducing a feature that will place limits on signatures. This is an effort to keep the site looking good and encourage those who want enhanced signatures to upgrade. An announcement on this will follow in the near future.

Special recognition (bold username, shinier rivets) - I am looking into various ways to reconize those who have donated. This will be something on the left of the post where your avatar is. Look for an announcement on this in the near future.

the way the process works is when you finish the payment process with PayPal your account is instantly upgraded for one year. At that time you can start to take advantage of all the features listed above and should expect your stickers to be mailed within a couple of weeks.

Over time one of my goals is to keep evolving this offer to bring more value to those who donate. The forums will always be FREE but members who contribute in the way of donations will be rewarded with more features, etc. During the next year I hope to add some awesome features that will bring even more value to upgrading.

Thanks again to all the members who have donated and look for updates as noted above in the next month.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:02 PM   #55
4 Rivet Member

Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Thanks Andy. I ordered mine today and made a donation. Really appreciate the work you do.

Changing the World One Child at a Time
www.compassion.com

hookedonclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:37 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
I chipped in today!

While I still do not like the AIR decal minus the url, I agree that the Forum is a valuable asset to the Airstream community and I wanted to contribute to the cause. I did not see any place in the "order system" to provide an address for receipt of the decals, so I am wondering how you will get them to me. I'm still not sure that I will put them on my trailer, but now that I've paid for them, I guess I want them. That will give me the flexibility to change my mind on this issue in the future and perhaps proudly display them at that time.

Thanks for all of your efforts Andy and the entire moderator team (even if we have to agree to disagree at times).
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 08:45 AM   #57

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander
I did not see any place in the "order system" to provide an address for receipt of the decals, so I am wondering how you will get them to me.
Thanks for all of your efforts Andy and the entire moderator team (even if we have to agree to disagree at times).
Joe update your user profile (User CP) with your information. That's where the mailing info will come from. Be aware that the only people who can see the full mailing address are the moderators and administrators. For example check out my info. You will not see my mailing address.

Thanks for your support of the Forums!

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:47 AM   #58
2 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Send a message via Yahoo to draftwomyn21
OK, maybe I'm missing something, but where do I go to get the new AIR sticker and all it's perks?
Robin out
Old 03-10-2006, 09:53 AM   #59
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftwomyn21
OK, maybe I'm missing something, but where do I go to get the new AIR sticker and all it's perks?
Robin out
Go to the first post in this thread and find the "click here to donate" button...

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 10:00 AM   #60
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
I will be exporting a list for Jack to send out the first set of stickers. Please get your donation in within the next couple of hours if you want your stickers to go out in this first mailing!

Tags
air stickers