Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Overlander > 1960 - 1964 Overlander
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-02-2005, 05:31 PM   #21
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Ok, so where's these so called pictures you so lovingly refer to? We're all part of the family by now so share, will ya?

FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:34 PM   #22
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander61
How do you know all this info ?What would you need from mine to tell me all this and where would I find it?Thanks

It is all in the serial number. There is a decoder on the Airstream corp. website.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:45 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfshr
Ok, so where's these so called pictures you so lovingly refer to? We're all part of the family by now so share, will ya?

FF
Just a matter of finding time - so I have posted a few that the PO's were kind enough to take for us.

There will be many more.

I also noticed that all the pics I posted of MoonBeam are from when we first got her - so I will have to up date my folder I see - I guess all my pics went into various threads.

Her big Sis - is an International trim level which is kind of nice. We will be carefully removing everything inside - dropping the belly pan re-doing the plumbing and possibly updating all systems where possible - but at the same time keeping her vintage look intact.

Does anyone know where I might find a fridge to match the oven and Furnace - I don't mind if it is the smaller model - we have a guy up here who is a genious with vintage fridges - and could make anything dead work again.

Also will be looking for the antenna array - so if anyone has a handle on that - please let me know.

Flyfisher - sorry I won that bid over you by a hair on that extractor fan - I just love those things and it was the only thing that was missing out of this 61 - because of the up grade international package she sports the more expensive range hood with light system.

Hope the link below works - to take you to my most recent uploaded photos of the 1961 Overlander - do not have a full length shot of her yet. don't worry we have seen one but it was kind of blurry so we know that we have bought more than just half a trailer.

http://www.airforums.com/photo...atid=newimages
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61 Rear Crop.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	11927  
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:26 PM   #24
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
That was you on that Ebay bid? Glad it found a good home. Get it chromed and it'll look better than new. Once you get it in the mail, I'd like to know the manufacturer on the label of the fan shroud.

I was mostly interested in the fan blades and bracket. I want to put in a 12 volt exhaust fan in my rear vent cap. I have the 12 volt motor.

FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:53 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

61' Overlander

Congrats' on your new Overlander! We too have a 11/60 or 61' Overlander. Ours is a twin with all the cabinetry. It has pink appliances (which my wife likes). Our is notthe International model but our trailer has been to europe, mexico and the U.S. with the WBCC. We bought ours from the original owners, it sat in the Ca. desert for20 plus years. We have all the original paper work for the appliances etc.. The cool thing is we have photos of the PO's in a Belgium newspaper in the AS, its like a time warp as the trailer is exactly the same today. We did put in a new wood floor and upholstered the couch/gaucho. We still have alot of work to do to her. We are having alot of fun with her and the kids absolutley love her!
When I get my act together I will post photo's to share with all. I find it interesting all of the differences between each AS of the same year. I guess it depends what plant built it. We have alot of features that were in the 58 thru 60. It may have Intl. features though I'm not 100% certain. I would like to see photo's of your interior to compare. I will post mine soon, with updates on our restore progress.

SWK
airhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 10:00 PM   #26
Rivet Master

I have a 1961 Overlander dual axle, it is a one family owned unit - pictures at http://photos.yahoo.com/richtrich I am in zip 28710 it is not advertised at this time but is available.
RichardT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:30 AM   #27
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Overlander Emblem Mystery

Have not done too much in the Overlander except started to decide on what parts from the 1999 Excella we shall be using.

However we have a bit of a mystery regarding the Model name plate and wondering if anyone can help.

In most of the early 60's overlanders we see the "Overlander" emblem above the serial number plate.

As you see by the picture below - our serial plate has been mounted right under the window with the California Authorization Plate beside it. But NO "Overlander" emblem. There is no indication that there was one? and no extra holes from possibly a PO moving the plates around. There is no indication of panel replacement either.....

It is an international model - could this have something to do with it?

Maybe it was a newbe on the line who just plain forgot to install it - or stole it! Or did they just not put them on in SanteFee California for the 61 model????

I see in the Vintage Archive Photos that the Ohio 61's do have them.

Can anyone shed some light?????

Oh and if there is anyone out there that may have one that is willing to part with please PM us.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DCP_0008.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	24247   Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_0010.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	24248  

Old 08-04-2006, 07:51 AM   #28
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
I, too, have wondered about this perplexing problem and have deduced that the CA plant didn't use this name scripts until later in time. I've seen the same thing with TradeWind's and came to this conclusion.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:04 AM   #29
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
So what is one to do - pretent

I have seen some with the emblem underneath and on an upwards angle - could these be aftermarket I wonder.

Still would like to put one on if I can find one. I think that might a hard find.

I wonder if anyone out there could scan one for me - maybe we could get one made from a metal sign place or something.

PS- Flyfisher - if we can find some really cool nautical brass knobs and pulls (like anchors, rope knots, or even little lighthouses) - guess what
Old 08-04-2006, 08:27 AM   #30
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
If you want those brass door pulls and knobs, try West Marine. They have lots of this stuff and it would go great with the Land Yacht theme. That would be really cool!!

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:08 PM   #31
1 Rivet Member

1961 26' Overlander
West Linn , Oregon
My '61 Overlander from Santa Fe Springs also did not have the Overlander badge. At least the California models have the cool wheel well cutouts!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	New Overlander.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	24285  
1961 Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote