Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-08-2021, 04:38 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
1975 SOLD Argosy26 - Connecticut

I have called this 1975 Argosy home for the past two years. I love it dearly, and it is truly in amazing condition. Since I am soon moving and will no longer living in it as my primary residence, I am toying with selling it. The details:

The Amazing: The original Chevy 454 runs smooth and has a cool 53,000 miles. New tires, brakes. Replaced transmission fluid and had a full inspection done in PA last year. New plumbing for gray and blackwater tank outlets. All original interior, down to the appliances, with no adaptations, save my own conversion of the rear twin beds to a queen, and replacing the outlets with modern ones. Any cabinetry or cushions I took out, I've carefully saved. If you're looking for all original, this is the closest I've ever seen online.

The Good: The 26 ft length is ideal in my book not too cumbersome to drive around and can fit almost anywhere, even in the city. Air conditioner still works, though if you'll be in a warmer climate I would upgrade. All electrical in good working order.

The Bad: Seals around windows show age and some cracking in the rubber. Front passenger windshield has crack not a problem for me as its registered historic and is purely cosmetic but if your state doesn't allow any cracks it'll be a costly replacement for the specialty glass. I removed the original furnace, which was in terrible shape, and replaced it with a Big Buddy heater. Works fine for me in northeast, but if you like the blower, that would be a pricy upgrade.

Glad to send more pictures, give you a video tour, or hop on the phone to talk more about it. I would consider delivering it across the states from Connecticut where it is currently if that's of interest, It'd be great to have a last adventure with it!

All the best,

Ben

View this ad at Airstream Classifieds - 1975 SOLD Argosy26 - Connecticut

bderlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:58 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

East Quogue , New York
Nice looking rig.
I reached out to your ad. My wife and I would love to come and see it.
Thanks,
Josh
JPBrave22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 07:12 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
Shelton , CT
Hello. I am interested in talking a look at your motorhome. I live in Shelton, CT. Please provide the best time to contact you.

Thanks,

Skip
Skip F is offline   Reply With Quote