SOLD! Not a full resto but hardest part done!
"Full Monty" performed. Shell was lifted off the frame. Frame removed and updated / fixed with new outriggers and stringers. All welding done by professional welder. Next the frame was needle scaled to prep for paint. Frame was primed and received 2 coats of SEM.
New subfloor installed. Marine grade plywood that was coated with West System marine epoxy on the underneath, all cut edges and into the interior side of the rig. Shell then coupled back to frame with elevator bolts.
Exterior metal is good, not perfect but nothing eye popping whatsoever.
All glass is intact.
Rock guard on front window, corner guards in place.
All exterior lighting wiring run and lights function properly
Brakes and axles not new but operate and show no signs of degradation. Tires in great shape.
Awnings in terrific shape, there are 3 roadside, curbside and rear .
3 new fantastic fans have been installed
I have the original propane tanks wasn't planning on using propane for this build but have them regardless
Installed electric conduit underneath subfloor for main wiring runs if you view my video link below you'll understand
Ran 90 percent of the electric circuit wiring I intended to use and installed electrical outlets
Fabricated lighting wiring with marine grade wire and routed lighting circuits on the ceiling and installed switches for each circuit
All interior seams have been sealed with Trempro. I did this as an extra insurance policy for potential water intrusion. Planned on sealing exterior rivets and seams as well but have not done it and do not plan to at this point
I do not have any of the tanks, they were gross! BTW, this was a rear bath unit but I was planning to make it center.
The original AC was removed and sent on its way so currently the roof has the opening to drop a replacement in. I was planning to cover this opening as I was going the mini split route. I have the appropriate metal on hand to use if someone wanted to cover the opening.
Interior skins were recycled. My plan was to use 1/8" baltic birch instead
Underbelly metal was recycled as well. The underbelly was my projected last step after all plumbing and electrical was done. I do not have underbelly metal on hand but can point you on where to find some
I have the original exterior belt lines / rub rails and banana wraps
The original hot water heater was put out to pasture. As mentioned above I was not planning to use propane. I was planning on using a 750W marine hot water heater. This was going to be a primarily shore powered rig think Airbnb
I have pre run solar wiring if someone decided to go that route
There's probably more to add. I do have a lot of original interior window trim pieces, etc. Fiberglass end caps were discarded as they were brittle. I'll add items to the list as questions come in.
I made a video over the summer after I finished up some of the wiring. I didn't make this as a video to use for selling purposes. It was strictly intended for documentary reasons. In it I touch on the direction I was going 24V, electric hot water, etc so don't think you have to do that. I'd be happy to share.
Trailer is located in CT and is currently plated / registered. CT does not create titles for vehicles over 20 years old so having a physical title is not possible. Selling trailer would come with a bill of sale of course. Only selling this because I am moving oversees and ocean transport is big money for a 31' trailer! I've done my best to research pricing and considering the work put in and her current state, it feels very fair to me and to others that have chimed in :
View this ad at Airstream Classifieds
- 1975 Airstream Sovereign - Connecticut