Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Argosy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-06-2012, 04:42 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Victor , New York
Argosy Manuals

In case you are looking, I have attached the owners manual to my 1976 Argosy. It contains information on all of the different length and layout motor homes for that year, including some electrical schematics. I offered this up to one person privately but decided that it would be a good idea to share with everyone else.

If you have any other documentation on these feel free to post it for the rest of us!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1976_Argosy_Owners_Manual.pdf (5.87 MB, 700 views)
mprokop87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by mprokop87 View Post
In case you are looking, I have attached the owners manual to my 1976 Argosy. It contains information on all of the different length and layout motor homes for that year, including some electrical schematics. I offered this up to one person privately but decided that it would be a good idea to share with everyone else.

If you have any other documentation on these feel free to post it for the rest of us!
Wow, I didn't realize that a 6 meg file could be uploaded to the site!

Thanks for posting. I only wish it had information on the front bath 20' Argosy. It would seem that after about 1975 the front bath model disappeared. But there is still some good stuff in this manual for me.

Thanks!

Brad
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #3

Land O'Lakes , Florida
I;m in the process of buying a '74 24ft, so this will give me some insight to the various systems. I know its an old post, but useful to me nonetheless (newbie).

Dieslin'
DieselinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:50 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Victor , New York
I'm glad I could help. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to help you. I've got a 76 24'
Old 05-30-2013, 04:57 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:

Wow, did you scan that? I'd like to share my owners and service manuals, but feel the job of bending the book on every page to get a good scan isn't necessarily worth the time. Not to mention the service manual would have to be split into multiple files due to the size.

Little known, but Airstream puts some useful stuff online:

Airstream, Inc :: Serial Numbers

Airstream, Inc :: Specifications

They're clearly lacking some things (i.e. no info for 1974 Argosy mohos which were clearly made!); but a good resource nonetheless
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Jason, I can vouch for the fact that Airstream made Argosies in 1974

Of all the documents that I miss having available for my 74 is a wiring diagram. I realize even the models/years that did have wiring diagrams they aren't the greatest but not having anything sorta sucks

Having access to the one Matt made available has definitely been a help for me.

Thanks!

Brad
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:41 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Victor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post

Wow, did you scan that? I'd like to share my owners and service manuals, but feel the job of bending the book on every page to get a good scan isn't necessarily worth the time. Not to mention the service manual would have to be split into multiple files due to the size.
Yes I did scan that. I manual was already in a small 3 ring binder so all I had to do was remove it and hit the scan button. Took me five minutes if you count the walk to the copy machine.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:15 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Yes I did scan that. I manual was already in a small 3 ring binder so all I had to do was remove it and hit the scan button. Took me five minutes if you count the walk to the copy machine.
Hmmm... My service manual is in the classic plastic multi-ring bind type. It would be hell to get that this back into the binding, but easy to get out. The owners manual is a typical spline / glue binding so I'd have to cut it apart but maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing considering the benefit of being able to share it with others. I'll have to consider that.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 12:02 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1976 24' Argosy 24
El Paso , Texas
Quote:

hi. I can't seem to download the pdf you posted of a '76 argosy manual. Can you send it or another link directly to me at eric@freudenthal.net. Thanks.
Eric F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 02:36 AM   #10
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
I'm not surprised.....

Matt posted it 9 years ago and sold his 1976 around 6 years ago. Not sure if he even uses the forum any more.

None of the links to personal cloud stores are permenant, and will change as soon as the owner re-organizers.

Here is a link to my copy, but the same caveats apply.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B91...BVF01zNEgn1VQg
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote