Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-23-2014, 10:32 AM   #1

1985 31' Sovereign
palm desert , California
1985 Airstream Sovereign 31 - California

Title: 1985 Airstream Sovereign 31 - California
We just listed our 1985 Airstream Sovereign for Sale on Airstream Classifieds.

Year: 1985 Make: Airstream Model: Sovereign Length: 31'

1985 AIRSTREAM FOR SALE

The trailer is a 31 foot Sovereign model 1985 Airstream. It is a surprisingly light trailer weighing in at 5600 lb. I pulled it all through the Rocky Mountains with a 2006 Chevy Avalanche which is a ¼ ton truck.
I bought the Airstream from a man at the Salton Sea in 2005. He was an electrical engineer for FEMA so he knew how to take care of it. He bought from an elderly couple (original owners) who decided it was just too much for them and sold it to him almost immediately after they bought it. He had two other “permanent” trailers; one at Salton Sea and the other in Yosemite. He used the Airstream to haul his belongings from one base to the other. So when I bought it it really hadn’t had much use.
I bought the Airstream to use as a base for duck hunting at the Salton Sea, but once my wife saw it, she wanted to travel around in it. So in 2007, we hired the Polishing Guru in Riverside to polish and re-model it. Check out his web site. The owner told us he did a lot of work for celebrities including actors who owned Airstreams while on location.
The renovation was extensive. This included exterior polishing to make it so shiny you could shave in the reflection (big job), body work, new axles, a new electric jack, hardwood floors and mini-blinds, new A/C and heater , new insulated top covering (acts as an insulator/reflector). All exterior lamp covers were replaced and the new LED bulbs look spectacular when driving at night. We also did a total re-model of the front seating/dining area. This area can now comfortably seat eight people and lowering the stainless steel table provides a 7 foot by 7 foot sleeping area. I also installed an AM/FM radio, CD player, and XM radio as well as a flat screen TV and DVD player. I removed the TV roof antenna and provided an outside TV cable jack since almost all RV parks have cable.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...31-california/
roncroft42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:14 PM   #2

1976 29' Ambassador
Junction City , Oregon
1985 Airstream Sovereign 31 - California

Love the look of your trailer. Can you send more pics? What maintenance is needed on the shiny finish?
Bambi_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote