Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-10-2017, 01:09 PM   #1

1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
Muskegon , Michigan
1979 Airstream Excella 28 28 - Michigan

Title: 1979 Airstream Excella 28 28 - Michigan
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

PRICE REDUCED FOR SPRING SALE!

This beautiful rare Airstream is so incredible. A RARE FIND!

It spent most of it's life in Arizona, and a few years ago driven to Florida. I purchased it from the ORIGINAL owner, and have the original service manuals.

I lived in it comfortably all summer (the ac works great!). I started a renovation on the interior (one picture reflects the tan interior color before, and another shows the white after). In september, I drove north to Michigan, where it is currently parked. It drove 1000 miles without a single issue.

It has never seen a northern winter, until now. Parked off road and away from salty roads. 28' long, kitchen, bathroom, shower, back bedroom with queen size bed. Large living room, gutted open layout that is ready for your renovation, bucket seats for driving so comfortable, ample closet storage.

75% of this RV is original. I find it super charming to maintain and perfect the original fixtures. The appliances are all original and ALL OF THEM WORK! Four range stovetop works great, you just need a long lighter to ignite them, bake cookies in the oven, that is up above the range, open space for microwave (there's a small one there but it never gets used) below the range. Next to and above the fridge is pantry and storage for food and dishes.

Full bathroom! Toilet and lavatory on driver side, shower on passenger side, across the hall from each other, and behind the kitchen, before the bedroom.

The back bedroom is the best part. Circular view with windows all around, white, with storage compartments up above. Fits a queen size mattress (I fit my huge pillow-top back there and it was heaven!) with a small nightstand. Underneath the bed is the fresh water tank that holds 25 gallons, and most of the shut offs for the plumbing. I always hook up to a water source (a potable water hose), so I installed a shut off valve on the exterior of the RV.

There is a generator on board. Runs on 110 or 30 amp. Obviously 30 amp is desired in summer for the AC to work, but 110 will suffice for general stuff, you just can't use the microwave and a hair dryer or you'll blow a fuse.

Awning is still in GREAT SHAPE! Perfect for shade on sunny days.

Approximately 86k miles on the Chevy 454 motor, parts are still super cheap! The motor starts up every time!

So cozy and comfortable, ready to drive cross country again!
And please don't mind that I'm in a few of the photos. I figured better to include those photos than exclude them on account of my presence. ;)

Serious inquiries only please.
Need to sell this ASAP!
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...8-28-michigan/
sallykeiser is offline   Reply With Quote