Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-05-2015, 02:50 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
Auburn , California
1964 Airstream Bambi II 17 - California

Title: 1964 Airstream Bambi II 17 - California
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

Equally well suited either for the collector or the Airstream enthusiast who would enjoy the magic of road trips and camping in an iconic vintage classic, this trailer underwent a full off frame restoration by Timeless Travel Trailers of Wheat Ridge, CO in 2007. The restoration took over 1400 man-hours to complete. The result is a blend of practical and vintage classic that retains its original character and charm (neutral colors with a subtle art deco flare) while at the same time is fully functional, meeting 2007 Recreational Vehicle Industry Association codes.

The original floor plan was maintained with the exception of a new front dinette area which converts to a single bed with 2 large storage compartments under the benches and an entertainment deck above the dinette. All cabinets were replaced using original type materials (plywood and solid wood veneers) with counter and table tops done in stainless steel. Also installed/done during the restoration: Marmoleum sheet flooring, new plywood subfloor, aluminum shower enclosure, gray water tank, Parallax Power System with solar battery charging system, Atwood cooktop and furnace, Precision-Temp In-line water heater, new OEM axle, plumbing and propane systems replaced, trailer lifted 6 inches for better clearance, etc. CA black and yellow YOM license plates will stay with the trailer. Too much done to mention everything but essentially a "new” 1964 Bambi II left TTT in 2007.

The only issue I am aware of currently is that the original Dometic refrigerator no longer cools...I chose to replace it with an icebox to avoid cutting another hole (have been advised this is necessary for the increased ventilation requirements of newer refrigerators) in the aluminum shell but haven't installed it as yet. At this point I'll let the new owner decide how to proceed but will have the icebox installed if that is their choice. Polish and seal just completed and 2 new tires put on last month. The pictures truly do not do it justice.

I have all records related to the restoration as well as pictures of the work in progress. I estimate that the trailer has been towed approximately 15,000 miles since the restoration was completed. It has been very gently used, well maintained and kept covered when not in use.

The trailer is available for viewing in Auburn, CA. Additional photos may bee seen at www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B03532ODWGbioLR
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...-california-3/
gflaig914 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags