Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-27-2017, 07:38 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1948 16' Wee Wind
Ada , Michigan
1948 Airstream Wee Wind 16 - California

Title: 1948 Airstream Wee Wind 16 - California
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

James Hetfield’s (Metallica) Wee Wind

Available for the first time, 1948 Wee Wind (serial# 3020) that my studio built and sold to James Hetfield of Metallica. He has engaged me to offer it for sale.
This is the finest Wee Wind in existence. It has been the subject of magazines and books.
This was built as my personal trailer before selling to Mr. Hetfield.
The 16’ Wee Wind was only manufactured for two years (1948-9) and about 60 were produced. There are about a dozen known to have survived. This is serial# 3020 making it the 19th Wee Wind produced. Few of these ever come to market and certainly none that are even close to this build quality and condition.
This is arguably the most desirable and rarest Airstream.

The trailer was disassembled into its smallest components and totally rebuilt. The best of everything was utilized in the restoration. Condition is as it came out of my studio. For a small trailer it feels spacious in the interior. The rear bed is a double. There is tons of storage under the sofa and rear bed along with polished overhead aluminum lockers. Custom sconces illuminate new upholstery/cushions + pillows of the highest quality textiles and craftsmanship
The trailer weighs approx. 1200lbs allowing it to be towed with most any vehicle which makes it even more desirable.
This trailer has always been stored under roof.
This is the finest Wee Wind in existence and the first time offered.
Delivery can be arranged by insured flatbed trailer to your location.

I will only sell this to individual[s] who have the ability to maintain the trailer.
Complete documentation of the build is available to interested parties.
Trailer is located in San Francisco area.
Please contact me for additional information.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...16-california/
dwinick is offline   Reply With Quote