Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2009-2015 Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-22-2016, 10:05 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Fort Lauderdale , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to Vitaver
Just ordered the book, thanks. $32 including shipping on Amazon. It says 'maintenance', I hope it includes 'operation', I am one level below maintenance.
Vitaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 10:08 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Fort Lauderdale , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to Vitaver
LPG or Electric?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkypoodle View Post
Our 2014 runs on either propane or electric.
I guess somehow Factory decided to make it propane only for 2016 FC. Pity.
Vitaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 11:27 AM   #23
D44
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Lawn Guyland , New York
The furnace (as opposed to the heat pump in the AC unit) operates on either electric or battery power, but it burns propane to provide the heat.
Old 12-22-2016, 11:37 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Newberg , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitaver View Post
Seriously, it would be nice (if not ourtigth a good-business-practice obligation) to provide us with one good Users Manual. Sorting throu lose leaflets, propaganda fliers, offers, etc. should not be required when -often at the worst times- we need guidance on operating and troubleshooting one of the many systems our coachs have.
I think the problem with this, from Airstreams view, is that there are changes made to the units from and components installed, year to year, and even during some model years. Keeping on top of that to provide you with one manual would cost a lot of labor. And since they are selling every rig they produce as fast as they can make them, it's easier for them to give you a basic manual for the trailer, and the owners manuals for your individual components. At least that's my take.

If you wade through the various owner manuals, you will find lots of good info. I usually do this as a last resort.

Mike
Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 11:50 AM   #25
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
Manuals in PDF

Quote:
Seriously, it would be nice (if not ourtigth a good-business-practice obligation) to provide us with one good Users Manual. Sorting throu lose leaflets, propaganda fliers, offers, etc. should not be required
All of the component manuals which are included with the trailer had downloadable versions from all of the suppliers. I find it easier to search through the PDF of the manual on my iPhone of MacBook than flipping through the paper manuals. However, I keep the paper in the Airstream briefcase in the trailer as a backup.

I also bookmark each product page, such as the furnace, fridge and air conditioner etc, in my computer browser for quick access to the manufacturer's support page.
Old 12-22-2016, 11:50 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
So do you have the spiral bound Owner's Manual I referred to in Post #16 in the attache case which came with your AS? The online version contains 112 pages, as should your hard copy +/-. If it was omitted the dealer should be able to get you your copy. It isn't perfect, but it is a start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Have you looked carefully in the attache case that came with your AS? There should be a spiral-bound Owner's Manual like the one linked below, in addition to that newby book and the mfg. manuals.

https://www.airstream.com/wp-content...ying-Cloud.pdf
Quote:
Seriously, it would be nice (if not ourtigth a good-business-practice obligation) to provide us with one good Users Manual. Sorting throu lose leaflets, propaganda fliers, offers, etc. should not be required when -often at the worst times- we need guidance on operating and troubleshooting one of the many systems our coachs have.

I love our Airstream, this takes away nothing from that. Hold on to your pitchforks, tar and feathers, I am not an heretic questioning the Brand . For old-timers, this may appear banal, but as you can see in this Forum, some of us are new at this and Factory can make our introduction and learning curve much easier with a good, comprehensive user's manual. They will save a lot of money on Customer Service calls too.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 04:47 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by D44 View Post
The furnace (as opposed to the heat pump in the AC unit) operates on either electric or battery power, but it burns propane to provide the heat.
Actually, in addition to using propane for fuel, the furnace operates using only 12-volt battery power for the circuit board and fan/blower. The 120-volt converter/charger then keeps the batteries charged when connected to shore power, but does not supply line voltage directly to the furnace.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:09 AM   #28
1 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
San Antonio , Texas
great idea for a better manual....i tried to turn on my furnace, looked in the manual and all it said was, follow as instructed....hahahahah....lotta help that was.
good thing i had my reliable heaters (my two little dogs) with me....
Franchesca is offline   Reply With Quote