Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-06-2004, 02:03 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
pinkflamingoes bangs her head on the keyboard...

We can't leave until at least a week later than we thought, probably, to get my baby from Wisconsin. I am so bummed but I'm not telling my husband how disappointed I am...funny, my 12 year old niece just found out she has to wait an extra week to get her first puppy, a dachshund...she's beside herself and cried. Now I kinda know how she feels. The trailer owner is being so great, says that's not a problem, come when you can, typical forums member behavior. I feel like such a baby!!!!

I don't want to nag my husband he is in the middle of three construction jobs and one of them is for a family friend who is being a real pain in the @$$...tore open his bedroom walls, waited three months to call my husband, got a huge discount and is complaining obsessively about everything, wants it done yesterday. It won't wreck the friendship, we know he's like that, but I need to remind hubby to charge double for difficult clients.

We so need a nice long drive together.

Thank you for listening.

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 02:08 PM   #2

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Aw, hang in there. I'm sure it's going to be a long week! Just more time to plan out your adventure. Here, try this website if you need to kill some time while you're waiting (oh wait, on second thought this might make it worse)

Roadside America

But I find a long trip in an Airstream makes everything better!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 05:06 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
West Linn , Oregon
You have an unbelievable amount of patience. I bought mine off Ebay, left two days later and picked it up in Wisconsin exactly one week after I bought it. But that is kind of how I am - it is hard for me to wait for things. You have my admiration for that personal characteristic. By the way, if your hubby is busy making money and can't afford to take 2 weeks off, and you can't get it yourself, did/have you considered paying someone to go get it for you?

john
Old 06-06-2004, 05:45 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1961 26' Overlander
Gabriola Island , British Columbia
Talking

Maybe get this guy to tow it.

http://www.airstreamphotos.com/photo...cat/all/page/1
greg176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 08:23 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
Thanks all, I feel a little bit better...now he's saying we can leave maybe 3 days later than we thought, but I'm still putting a week in my head for sanity's sake and to keep myself from being too disappointd again. I think he's trying to make me feel better and the fact is he wants to go as badly as I do. Hearing that I have admirable patience makes me feel less spoiled and selfish, maybe it's just normal. The whole block has been asking us when we're bringing it home, and is excited for us.

Stefroberts, that web site is the kind of thing I love to browse, thanks. It won't make it worse!

71 safari; yeah we looked into towing home; it's just too expensive and a big hassle for the size we bought. Plus, we are looking forward to the adventure of going to get it. The reason my husband is working so hard is for *extra* money for the trip; we need to buy weight distribution equipment, new tires, pack wheel bearings, and these things always end up being more expensive than we thought...we made a down payment but still owe the owner the balance too. Hence me keeping my mouth shut!

Greg176; got a laugh out loud for that one.

I am preparing for the trip; borrowing a friend's truck shell and putting in a futon mattress so we can take turns sleeping and driving, bought a single disc DVD player for $40 to watch movies which I am about to borrow from a neighbor who owns EVERYTHING on DVD, burning CD's and buying up some on half.com for the music part, I'm even going to get books on tape from the library and use my old tape player with headphones to listen on the road. I've got my laptop all set up with a dialup connection that provides local free numbers; all emails are transferred to the laptop, and a distribution list of people who care about our crazy trip is all configured.

We have a free room at the El Dorado in Reno for the first night and I plan to get a massage the night before the jaunt to Salt Lake City begins...

anything else, reminders are welcome.

My email address is ingrid@alamedanet.net and on the road it will be ingy1851@yahoo.com

I will make that second one my default email whilst we are breezing down lovely highway 80, 80, 80 and 80. East.

ingrid
1967 24' Tradewind #19104 ~ Forums #4449
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote