Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-12-2016, 08:54 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' International
1964 17' Bambi II
Ogden , Utah
Personal conversation wanted.

We just returned from our inaugural voyage with our 2016 22' Sport. We have numerous questions about the operation of our trailer. I get tired of always calling Airstream for answers & talking with the same technician who is not necessarily an Airstream owner. I've asked question of different dealers & get conflicting answers. I've tried the Airstream Forum & I get one or two helpful answers. I may not even be asking my question in the right place, frankly I find the Forum a little confusing. I would really like to talk to a seasoned Airstreamer on the phone & go over all my questions & concerns. If you are willing to talk to me, please call Michael @ 801-605-3683. Thank you very much.
mcaslaon4449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:53 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Join WBCCI?

Welcome to the forums!

You're absolutely right, there's no substitute for having an experienced person to talk to, and even better, meet person to person so that you have the benefit of experienced eyes and hands on your trailer.

My suggestion is that you join the WBCCI, which has been an integral part of the Airstream experience for more than 60 years. WBCCI units hold rallies and caravans where you can hang out with Airstreamers and talk Airstream to your heart's content, and see what others have done with their trailers.

We started out 13 years ago with a vintage (1960) trailer that needed a lot of work, and the stories and advice we got from folks at rallies were invaluable.

Admittedly, Airstreamers are thin on the ground in Utah. I suspect your best bet would be the Four Corners Unit, which has rallies all over the southwest. If you contact their membership chairman (see their web site, below) he may be able to put you in touch with owners in your immediate vicinity. http://fourcorners.wbcci.net/

Best of luck with your new Airstream!
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 04:59 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I suggest calling the dealership where you purchased your trailer, and speaking with someone in the service department.

Make a list of your questions, have a pen to write down answers.

Perhaps do your Q&A session in and near your trailer.

I had the service guy at our dealership on speed dial the first couple of months we owned our Interstate.

In spite of the walk-thru, we really do learn as we go.

Maggie,
Old 05-13-2016, 04:59 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Mcaslaon3339 - sent you a PM on your post.

Bud
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 05:39 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Rallies are excellent places to meet real very knowledgable Airstream owners. Check out the WBBCI web site and the forum section here to find one near you.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:22 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
AWCHIEF has it right.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:27 AM   #7
Overland Adventurer

1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
I strongly agree... A rare few dealers/ techs/ factory personnel own/ have spent the night in an Airstream.
I was at the factory once and had a conversation with a line worker. Along the way he commented that he would never own an Airstream!
AtomicNo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:56 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Fair Oaks , California
I share your frustration, Mcaslaon. I bought my 23' FC about 3 years ago. I felt that the 2 hour dealer presentation was great, if only I could remember it. I also read books on Airstreaming, and posts in this forum. I have had many experiences and questions over the three years that were not answered any of the places I was looking. I would do stupid things without knowing it, call the dealer with symptoms, and get the wrong answer. When I found out the right answer, through trial and error, I would call the dealer back and tell them, so at least they could provide the right information to the next victim. I could tell by the tone of their response that they really weren't interested in what I found out, even though they tried hard to pretend to be. I have asked the dealer questions about products they sold me, and asked here, and have gotten equivocal answers. This is not theoretical physics or behavioral science, people. This is concrete information about how products work that are used by thousands of people, some of whom I have to suppose have encountered the same problems and made the same stupid mistakes I have! Making the same mistakes again and again and getting the wrong answers to questions costs all of us a lot, in wasted time, money, and enjoyment. Of course, I guess I have to consider the possibility that I may be the only one who does this, but it is possible that you may be a kindred soul.
McDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:30 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
You might just want to list your questions in this thread and I am sure many would respond or even call you if they know the answer. The folks on this forum are great and have always assisted me with my questions.
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote