Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2008 Safari SE
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-09-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Spicewood , Texas
blinds and drains

Anyone come up with a sure fire method to secure the blinds on the Safari? The little plastic clips on the bottom of the windows just don't seem to hold.
My bathroom sink drains real slow? Seems like there is no vent for to suck some air down through.
A little help,
Thanks
kingfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:45 PM   #2
Looking for time

1971 23' Safari
midland , Michigan
mine are all gone too--maybe screwing a galvinized deck screw into each wall-clip-or say a 2" drywall --so that it protrudes into the blinds bottom rail [on both sides]and loosely holds it into place...................good luck----------------jim
jamesardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:42 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Replace the little plastic hold downs - they do get fatigued - and you can often get replacements at the big box stores, or any blind store will have them. If the originals are too far apart on the wall, they pop out easily. Take them off the wall, heat them gently and bend them inward. Let them cool down while compressed and they'll stay that way.

Velcro is also our friend, augment the clips with a piece on the wall and another on the rail.

I FINALLY got around to replacing the faucet in my bathroom with a one handled high rise model.... had it sitting in the bath for months. Replaced the drain too since it was included with the faucet set. Found that the lifter on the original set really didn't open that far, the new one opens a lot more.

The original lifter is adjustable, but it was twisted at a funny angle on my trailer. Try playing with the height adjustment on yours. Might be a quick fix.

Paula
Old 10-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
North/East , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfisher View Post
Anyone come up with a sure fire method to secure the blinds on the Safari? The little plastic clips on the bottom of the windows just don't seem to hold.
My bathroom sink drains real slow? Seems like there is no vent for to suck some air down through.
A little help,
Thanks
kingfisher....Regarding the sink draining slow. The bathroom sink in our 2007 25' also drains slower than I would expect. There is an air admittance vent (J&B Products Pro-Vent PV-140) installed in the sewer line for the bathroom sink. It is located approximatly 12" above the point that the sink P Trap pipe tees into the vertical sewer pipe that then drops down to a horizontal line coming from the kitchen sink and then into the gray water tank. The vent is a inexpensive plastic device with a rubber disk that allows air to enter the pipe if there is a vacuum in the sewer line. If the rubber disk is stuck closed it may not vent the line. There is a protective cover on top of the vent that comes off and you can get access to the spring and valve plunger if you want to try freeing it up. Its in a very tight spot and may hard to get to it. The entire vent does screw off the adopter that is glued to the ABS pipe. I replaced the one near my shower with a Studor Mini-Vent that I picked up at Lowes, as I thought the origial vent was sticking in the open position and letting gray tank odor into the trailer.