Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-19-2008, 09:57 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon
Now that's some tight parking, Bob! Have you ever taken it out since then?

I tell you what, if that were my parking place, I sure wouldn't mind about 3 more feet of concrete on the side! If you sneeze halfway back, you're doomed!
Hi, Jaxon. My trailer does get out once in a while, but not often enough yet. We have recently retired.

I asked my neighbor, who doesn't even look at this side of her house, if I could pour about two feet of concrete on that side and her answer was "I don't want any concrete on my property." Although she was very upset when we put our house up for sale; [she didn't want us to leave, or to have worse new neighbors?] But because the market dropped, we are stuck here for a few more years.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:15 AM   #22
Incorrigible

1976 Argosy 24
-- , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Thompson
Every backer should have a good spotter, someone at the back of the trailer to tell the driver how things are going.
I do pretty well backing a trailer, but this is my secret as well: a good spotter.

My wife tells me where to park it.

1976 24' Argosy
1973 International Harvester Travelette 1210 4x4 'Bernard' 164" WB
1997 Georgie Boy 30' SuperDuty v10
Ike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:54 AM   #23
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
I believe every copilot should learn at least the basics, i.e. break camp, hook up the trailer to the TV, and be able to drive the rig home. Worry about parking it when the pilot gets out of the hospital, or a neighbor can park it for you. Not wanting to be morbid, just realistic, if the pilot keels over with a heart attack, you need to be able to drive home, if nothing else. I'm not talking about hooking up and towing with your spouse writhing on the ground, either, this would be after the fact. It has happened before, and it will eventually happen again, semper paratus.