Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2019, 09:57 AM   #21
1 Rivet Member

2017 19' Flying Cloud
Palm Springs , California
Batteries draining

Well I learned a lot. Thanks for all the replies.
Paulinekeogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:36 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
my , house
Hi- I also had to disconnect neg to the inverter. Solved my problem. Currently mine have been disconnected for about 3 weeks and still at 12.78v.
bwpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:32 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinekeogh View Post
Well I learned a lot. Thanks for all the replies.
Please let us know what you figure the cause was. We all learn from this process.

Good luck,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:08 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

2017 19' Flying Cloud
Palm Springs , California
Why are my batteries draining when parked

Thanks v much Tim. I don’t know what you mean referring to “new Airstream battery chargers“ - I will look into and follow your advice. One question, at home, if I plug into home shore power, should I switch to “in use” instead of “store” , to ensure the batteries charge ? And leave it that way?
I will have to get a solar panel installed on the roof I think. It’s a bit unsightly having the unit plugged in in my front driveway, with a long orange cord going to the outside power sockets.
Much obliged. Pauline.
Paulinekeogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 01:26 PM   #25
Wolfwhistle

Margaritaville , Banana Republic
I’m not Tim, but what he means by new charger is that older Trailers have a single stage converter/charger (my 2013 was like that). JC is now installing multi-stage converter/ chargers. I upgraded to the PD4655VL which is also LFP ready. The other thing is for the batteries to be charged mine had to be in “Use” mode. In “Store” the battery is partially disconnected. The infamous CO detector will drain the batteries given enough time and is still running in “Store” mode. I added a battery cutoff switch so I can totally disconnect the batteries. One thing that happened to me on an SOB, was I left a light on in a storage compartment that ran mine down. Another thing that will quickly run a battery down is if the breakaway switch gets activated. Clint