Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2007, 09:15 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

gfci help

first i would like to say a big hello to everyone.the problem i have with my 06 bambi is the gfci breaker will not reset to the on position-so i have no frig and the exterior receptacles will not work. can someone talk me through removing the breaker safely. my main question is do i just pull the breaker out or is it secured some how.thanks for any help!
quiksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:49 AM   #2
7xp
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Santa Maria , California
oaki
First a big welcome to the forum. Let me start off with, I have very minimal knowledge with electrical problems. First off I would buy a circuit tester. The one I have has three LEDs, it is an E-Z Check made by Ideal Ind. The cost was less then $20.00. I used it to check all the circuits in my house, now I carry it in my TT to check incoming shore power. I would use this tester to make sure the input was correct to your trailer. This may be the problem. If not, then I would open up the main breaker panel (NO SHORE POWER TO THE BOX) I'm not sure if your GFCI breaker will be screwed down to the panel or if it will just pry out from the contacts. I think you could take it to an electrical shop to have it tested (BTW Ideal makes a circuit tester that also tests GFCI circuits for about $35.00). If GFCI is bad buy a new one, if it tests good then you will have to start testing each receptical that it feeds. Hopefully you have a wiring diagram. Remove everything from this circuit and check to see if the GFCI will stay on, if it does (thats good) now start pluging in one item at a time untill you find which item is triping the circuit. Now that I think about this, you can start by removing all items on this circuit and see if the breaker holds. but I do like having my circuit tester for hookups at camp grounds. Good Luck....."Mac"
7xp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:50 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Question could be

Early on we had a simular problem with our 04 Safari. What I did was check the wiring diagram & found that the wall plug in the bath was the problem. The ground wire had come loose, causing the circut to default.I can't say if your unit would be the same, but it might be a starting point. I'd check what's all on that circut and then look at the first wall plug, which more than likely is the one in the bath.
Best,

Bogfrog & Mr. Turbo

If in life you stumble, make it part of the dance
WayWard Wind is offline   Reply With Quote