Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-20-2007, 08:00 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Sevierville , Tennessee
Unhappy Fiberglass repair on my '65 Overlander sink

Well.. I"m about ready to rip out the sink and repair a large crack on the flat surface (next to the sink) in my 65' Overlander. At the same time I will want to repair and or replace the handheld spray unit. Any of you out there who has done this repair and would want to offer up any suggestions on the dismantling and ultimate repair of both the crack and the sprayer? Who might stock replacement parts!
Thanks a bunch!

Director
Director is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:02 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
Conover , Ohio
same boat I think

I just gutted my 66 Overlander Twin 26. See if this is the same layout you have. The back edge of my sink was riveted from the back side (below the yellow line in my pic). I had to remove the whole tub/sink assembly in one piece, then drill out the rivets to separate the sink, just so I could get it out of the door. I am gutting mine anyway to repair the floor. Hopefully, your layout is different. This would be a lot of work for a crack. Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sink.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	47963  
air66stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:26 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Sevierville , Tennessee
Repair crack next to sink

Tom,

Thanks for your reply... I someone got lost in my threads and never repsonded to you. My layout is very similar to yours and so with the amount of effort it is going to take I may opt for a fiberglass repair kit and some 2 part epoxy paint! I have not gotten into the handheld sprayer repair yet... have you ever done that one!

Thanks again... sorry for the delayed response.

Director
Director is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:02 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
Conover , Ohio
sprayer / paint

Hey Director
The handheld sprayer should be pretty strait forward if it is like mine (next to the toilet). It should be just as easy as unscrewing the old one and screwing the new one on. I think I could even get to mine from the rear of the trailer. The only problem I would see is if the fittings are different, but an adapter would fix this. I found some 2 part epoxy SPRAY paint at Home Depot the other day. I think it was called Magic ReNew, it is for resufacing bathtubs. It is in the tub area of the store, NOT in the paint dept. Good luck, Tom
air66stream is offline   Reply With Quote