Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1960 33' Custom
Athens , Georgia
Carbon Fiber Head

Just leafing through my newly arrived West Marine catalogue and lo and behold I see this beauty... amazing a little expensive tho

THETFORD Tecma X-Light Carbon Fiber Head at West Marine
Attached Images

Old 02-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
It has gone up. About a year ago, it was only $9,999.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1974 23' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1947 25' Spartan , Manor
Talk about flushing your money down the...oh...right.....
Eric H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
And folks thought $1000 was a lot for a head in a Naval Patrol Aircraft. Got to admit that it sure looks like a nice engineering project. Most off the shore racing boats I have crewed on had bucket on a line to use. Ten bucks from the local hardware store. Worked just fine.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 22' International CCD
2007 Base Camp
Elk Valley , British Columbia
Wow, and a 2 year warranty as well... fantastic! Seriously though, carbon pieces like this shouldn't be more than about $500. You can replace an entire Honda S2000 body with carbon fibre for a few thousand...
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Strange ideas in toilet design.

Wow. I used to think the Japanese were fans of oddities in toilets but this isn't odd it's just obscenely pricy. The Japanese have one for less with downdraft ventilation behind the seat (a fart catcher!) AND a heated "computer programmed" bidet head to rinse the "area" thoroughly AND a blow dryer for less than this thing.

I've looked at my cheapo plastic toilet - which I must admit is perfectly functional - and just wished the inside of the bowl were teflon coated - so that no streaks would ever be left behind for further flushing.

I also saw a stainless steel model recently (primarily used for prisons) with the seat integrated into the body. As a fulltimer, I thought about walking into a cold bathroom on a February morning barely awake and AIIIEEEEOOOO!

Paula
Old 02-29-2012, 11:46 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
@Foiled Again: you reminded me of my last night in New Hampshire before I left for warmer climes. We were staying with a friend in her remote cabin: wood heat, the "running water" was a hole in the ice in the stream, and, of course, the outhouse. However, Ronnie had a great plan worked out for the winter: the seat was hanging on a hook right behind the wood stove so it was nice & warm. You would take the seat out to the outhouse and have a few minutes before "everything" got very chilly. The day we left it got up to -2 degrees!