Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-05-2021, 08:03 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
1972 21' Globetrotter
SW , Missouri
Can someone give me the do and don'ts of black water connections?

I think I finally have my new black tank fit up and ready to make permanent. I glued a lot of the pvc in my house (leak free) but I am still pretty new to plumbing and completely new to RV plumbing.

I picked up a new black water tank from from vintage trailer supply. I have the tank in place with nicely fitting wood platform in between the fiberglass shower pan and the new tank. I bought the longest rv toilet flange MPT that I could from etrailer. I don't have a lot of thread engagement, 2 to 3 turns would be me guess, is that suffecient? Should I use plumbers tape (PTFE) on the threads of the toilet flange and the tank?

Black abs pipe is hard to find around here. Is pvc an acceptable alternative?

What is the proper connection procedure for abs pipe?
Peter417 is offline   Reply With Quote