Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-01-2017, 01:53 PM   #1

ames , Alabama
Tank full, no water

We are total newbies and inherited our 1994 34' classic airstream, so there was no tour or instruction. We filled our fresh water tank, but are having trouble getting it inside. We got some water out at first, but now it's just air. A and C are open and B closed. The water pump is on. We want to check the pump and filter, but can't figure out where the roadside wardrobe is (which is where the manual directs up). We will gladly take any and all help!
Wandlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Welcome to the forum, and for diving right into the pool!

I guess the first question is, have you hooked up to city water directly and used the plumbing system without the pump and water tank?

The roadside wardrobe is a large closet where you can hang clothes usually. My guess is that it is between your bedroom and the middle of the trailer, on the left side as you face forward. In other words, on the side of the trailer which is behind the driver in the tow vehicle. [sorry if this is TMI -- measure twice cut once]

Here is your manual I believe:

https://www.airstream.com/wp-content...0110i.arc_.pdf

On p. F-5 [PDF p. 78/246] the plumbing section starts incl. the pump and roadside wardrobe language you quoted. The 34' center bath floor plan is on p. F-22 [PDF p. 95/246], but there is no roadside wardrobe so I am thinking you have a different 34' model. Where is your bath, and is there a roadside wardrobe/closet?

The best bet might be for you to check out the above, fill in some details, and let further advice fall into place.

Good luck!

Peter

PS -- Sounds like your A-B-C bypass valves are in the correct positions.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:07 PM   #3

ames , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Welcome to the forum, and for diving right into the pool!

The roadside wardrobe is a large closet where you can hang clothes usually. My guess is that it is between your bedroom and the middle of the trailer.

Stand by for a PDF of your manual, so
Bahaha! Duh. We have it full of clothes. Maybe it's under the floor of the closet.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:13 PM   #4

ames , Alabama
It's under the w/d! Looks like we have a tube that isn't connected (and mouse poop). Now to figure that out...
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170701_151311.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	288581
Old 07-01-2017, 02:14 PM   #5
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
Not sure about your particular unit, but in mine the lower panel (toe level) below the wardrobe door pops out to access the pump and filter. It looks like a non-moving panel but does come off easy with a tug on either edge.

Sir Tristan
Air #48582, S/SO #003, WBCCI #4584
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:28 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Careful handling the mouse poop, as Hantavirus is a threat. You should wear gloves and a respirator, and first spray the droppings with a 50/50 bleach/water solution. Dispose of all rags used very carefully. Paper towels recommended.

Please re-read my earlier post as it has been edited a lot since you just posted. I will let the dust settle and for you to update us when it makes sense.

Cheers,

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandlings View Post
It's under the w/d! Looks like we have a tube that isn't connected (and mouse poop). Now to figure that out...
PS -- Hantavirus threads:

https://www.google.com/search?q=hant...=airforums.com
Old 07-02-2017, 08:36 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
West Liberty , Kentucky
Have you checked the aerators on the faucets? They can get clogged and totally block flow from all faucets. We had that problem even with a inline filter.
Air4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:03 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandlings View Post
Attachment 288581
Wondering if you got this sorted out?

Thanks,

Peter
Old 07-06-2017, 10:40 AM   #9

ames , Alabama
My husband got it! He had to turn something on a pipe near the pump for the intake.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:06 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Great! Thanks for the update.

Happy Trails . . .

Peter