Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-02-2016, 12:12 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1976 25' Caravanner
Kansas City , Kansas
Recommend canopy/cover for full-monte work

Well, we are finally about to close on our house which means that the games can finally begin after moving (no workspace at current rental house and barely enough to park the airstream).

So in planing for the full shell-off job I am assembling a long list of tools and other things to make the work more....well, I'm not sure enjoyable will always be the right word...but you know what I mean.

I anticipate that among these helpful tools will be some sort of canopy/cover to stay out of the sun while working outside of the trailer. We have a nice wide driveway and attached 1 car garage. The garage will probably be pretty full of tools which makes me think that I will be setting up saw horses just in front of the garage door for a lot of my tasks.

Should I just go to Walmart and get a generic EZ up? Or is there something out there that's easier to use, larger, more durable?

I'd love to see and hear what fellow Airstreamers have used for cover. Thanks!
Old 06-03-2016, 10:28 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
I have used patio umbrellas and EZ-ups from time to time to help shade me. My best investment was a semi-mature Sycamore tree that I planted in the middle of my back yard 12 years ago. It has grown from about 5 inches in trunk diameter to about 18" or more in that time. Makes me the king of the shade-tree mechanics!

good luck!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote