Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-04-2021, 09:40 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Hailey , Idaho
Newbie Needing Inspector in Seattle

I am a newbie and looking at a 27 Foot International Serenity on EBAY. The rig is in Seattle and I was trying to find someone who I could hire to inspect it as the dealer is several weeks out and that timing does not work for the seller. I am unsure if you do that or know how? Any help here is appreciated. I am in Portland and can drive up to join. Thanks anyone...
Fishski2470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 12:12 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Welcome to the forum. On the right edge of the Portal page:

https://www.airforums.com/

. . . there is a system for finding an inspector. [This may not work the same on the AirForums App BTW.]

Good luck.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 01:57 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Rochester , WASHINGTON
What year is it?
Reason is, in this crazy market, not many used trailers of any brand are going to sit around for long.Especially with the sun out and warming up up here.
If it's a late model, me personally, I wouldn't worry too much about inspection.Have seller run the systems.
The main thing is YOU physically go look at it, do not just go by pictures.
.Look at title.Make sure VIN numbers match, and physically look at drivers license of seller, so it matches owner on title.Trust me on that stuff.If seller balks at any of above, dont walk away, run away.Never send a deposit for any trailer or vehicle that doesn't meet those tests.Older/ cheaper stuff, up to buyer.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:10 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishski2470 View Post
I am a newbie and looking at a 27 Foot International Serenity on EBAY. The rig is in Seattle and I was trying to find someone who I could hire to inspect it as the dealer is several weeks out and that timing does not work for the seller. I am unsure if you do that or know how? Any help here is appreciated. I am in Portland and can drive up to join. Thanks anyone...
fishski - did you find an inspector? How did your purchase go? I'm interested in a used AS in Washington too.

(tried sending you a message a different way but not sure if I did it right)

btw - I did the member search... not a lot of folks seems to be responding in the seattle area.
Oregon_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 07:45 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Salem , Oregon
I am not an inspector but an Airstream owner for over 5 years. I would be happy to give you my ideas as I have had a 23 International and now a 27 Globetrotter. If you not find someone let me. Happy to help no charge.

Dave
NoResults is offline   Reply With Quote