Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-29-2016, 05:31 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2014 23' Flying Cloud
2015 28' Flying Cloud
Kalamazoo , Michigan
Multiple minor issues

Hip Hip Hooray, my baby is home. Need some advice on a few minor issues with my 2014 23D FC...

1) Couple interior rivets missing, can I replace these myself? I know they sell them, are they easy to install?

2) The awning safety hook fell off when I went to air out the awning. I just screwed it back on. Is it suppose to be able to just come off like that?

3) I know there is a trick to cleaning the interior skin, but can't remember what it is? Windex?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1598.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	417.3 KB
ID:	259606  
mwilliamsmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:38 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
Interior skin--we use the package of Pledge Multi surface wipes. No worrying about windex spills that way.

I also found a clorox bathroom wipe that is dry-you add water to get it to suds up. That also eliminates spills for a bathroom cleaning product.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:55 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
The pop rivets on the interior are easy to replace. You need to fully "drill out" the part of the old rivet that is still in place before putting in the new rivet. Google "pop rivet installation" for a YouTube video on how to do this, there are several out there.

The screw for the awning clip should not fall out. Try putting some thread lock on the threads to hold the screw in place.