Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-21-2003, 07:54 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Seems like the discussion quickly focused on toilet paper. When I saw the question, I immediately went another way. I've watched a large number of folks try to make the generic parts fit all. When you need the right part, only it will work. I use a bunch of generic parts, but the best advice is to have the old one in hand when you buy the new one. Check the hole pattern, clearances and electrical connections before you invest. Many places will not return items and distance of return is always a problem in the RV business. And spares - I believe in spares. When you find the right small item, like cabinet locks, but a bunch. You know they are going to fail as far from the reliable source as you can drive. And for toilet paper, buy what you want - one water heater swap on the road will cost you more than all of the toilet paper you can use in many years of RVing. Have fun
CO_Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 09:29 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Thanks, CO Don, for getting us back on track!

The original discussion thought kinda got "wiped out" and we got "wedged into the crack" of talking about TP.

So to speak

But your thoughts are right where I was originally going... thanks!
drboyd is offline   Reply With Quote