Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-27-2005, 11:18 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Bookem Dano

I cant wait untill I complete the restoration on my sweet 69 31ft. soverign.I wish I knew where to find an opperation manual and a repair manual. Please tell me where.
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 11:44 PM   #2
Aluminumoron

s , Florida
I'm not sure how far back they go but I got both owner and service manuals for my 72 Overlander from Helen Davis at Secretarial Services (937)492-8885.

Very nice lady. Prices are HIGH! I paid $125 for both including shipping. Don't expect color as they are photo copies of the originals. Hope that helps.

T.A.S.
1972 Overlander - SOLD
Searching...again!
T.A.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 06:48 AM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark
I cant wait untill I complete the restoration on my sweet 69 31ft. soverign.I wish I knew where to find an opperation manual and a repair manual. Please tell me where.
Owner's manuals are available beginning with 1965 or thereabouts. The service manuals, however, I don't remember seeing any for older than 1972. If that is the case, the 1972 service manual will help you in general ways, electrically it is very similar, and the body is the same, although the interior is vastly different.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:56 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Service manuals as well as owners manuals come up on ebay fairly frequently. They usually go for about $25 to 40. Early 60's models did not have very good manuals. a 64 an 63 I have only came with a loose leaf binder with the accessories books from the suppliers and a very short set of notes from Airstream. VAC was going to make some of this material available on the web if you were a member but I am not aware if they ever followed thru.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 07:10 AM   #5
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
I've got an idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi
Service manuals as well as owners manuals come up on ebay fairly frequently. They usually go for about $25 to 40. Early 60's models did not have very good manuals. a 64 an 63 I have only came with a loose leaf binder with the accessories books from the suppliers and a very short set of notes from Airstream. VAC was going to make some of this material available on the web if you were a member but I am not aware if they ever followed thru.
It may turn out to be a mission impossible, but maybe several forum and WBCCI members could compile the information about the eearly trailers, and issue it as a single publication, sort of like a Chilton's repair manual for Airstreams.
While it may be a little more general than trailer owners would like, it would still be helpful to have all the info at our fingertips. Of course, it may have already been done, most good ideas have already been done.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:19 AM   #6
Craftsman

I have to be honest and say the quality of the manuals from Helen Davis leave a lot to be desired. For the price, they are poor quality. Because they are photo copies ( and not very good ones) most of the photos are muddy and some of the charts can't be read. If you can find an original on eBay your better off. If not, the copies are better than nothing. I bought one of the copies from Helen Davis for my 94 Classic at $75.00 plus shipping. I quess it depends on how you look at it but I didn't feel that I got value for the money.