Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Refrigerators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #21

1978 31' Excella 500
Hillsboro , Tennessee
You may also want to repair the fridge while you are determining your options.

Dometic was very helpful as were the folks on this forum.

I found the parts manual and troubleshooting guide.

Below is a website for parts.

RV Parts Superstore

Perhaps this will get you fixed up in the meantime.

Best,

John
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MAN_SM frige.pdf (2.66 MB, 80 views)
File Type: pdf rm100parts.pdf (340.6 KB, 47 views)
mrdotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #22

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloman View Post
I am refurbishing a 77 28' Argosy. It has the original Dometic RM 100 model fridge. I promised the wife to buy a new one. Dometic suggests models RM 2820,2852,2862 or 3962. The 2820 seems to be the only slide in fit. All others will require raising pantry for the unit. I have only found one review of the 2820 that was on Amazon and it was not very positive. Anyone have expereice with a new model?

Reading several other forums, some people put in a residential fridge and use their battery while boon docking. What experience does anyone have? I already plan on upgrading to a new converter and may even try to place two 6 volt batteries instead of a single 12V. They would have to go under the bed but I think I heard on VAT that AGM batteries do not need to be vented. Am I correct?

Too many choices, too many options, too little knowledge. LOL

I'm renovating a '76 Argosy28 rear-bedroom. The previous owner had replaced the 2-way fridge with a stacked pair of junky dorm fridges, and never camped without hookups or traveled far, so it worked for them.

I'm planning to put in a Dometic Tundra with the Danfoss 12v compressor. Long-long term, I may add solar to the roof, but in the short term I'm just going with 2 batteries and relying on the generator I already have when boondocking. It costs about the same as a 2-way absorption fridge (the ones you were looking at) but works better in hot weather and isn't as finicky. Also, it doesn't require venting, though if unvented will add some heat to your interior like any fridge would.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 24
1977 Argosy 28
Vintage Kin Owner
Darrington , Washington
Well, the wife went to Camping World on Friday and she shopped for refrigerators. She looked at a RM2820 and then a RM3762. While the latter is smaller, she said the storage was better. She couldn't wait for me to fix the RM100 so we are now the new owners of the RM3762. I'll be installing it soon. I still plan on two batteries for boondocking. I wish I had known about the Defos compressor before she left.
buffaloman is offline   Reply With Quote