Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #81
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Dan,

I could probably get us both a reprimand for diverting this thread, but wait its Ohio we're talking about. Great Lakes beer just found out it's avail in NC not too far away. Trail Bologna is about 30 minutes away excellent stuff. Cedar Point wrote the book on roller coasters. Back in my HS days we took a 16' Crestliner and motored across Lake Erie from Marblehead to Pelee Island to Leamington Canada and back in the same day. Might not have been the smartest thing we could have done, but it was HS days. Chardon and Geauga counties give Vermont a run for the real Maple Syrup reputation. SE Ohio and the Amish area around Holmes County are just darn spectacular for touring and stuff. Take a trip down OH Rt 7 from the Wheeling area following the Ohio River, stop at some of the locks and watch the barges. But a possibly less well known but absolutely incredible museum is the Warther Museum in Dover OH Warthers Museum Dover, Ohio - Home Ernest Mooney Warther had skills with wood carving that are indescribable. Please take a look at the website, but it will not do it justice. I can't describe all of the possible good times along the Lake Erie shoreline but Walleye and Perch fishing in season are forms of religion on the Great Lakes. Industry has abounded along that mighty Lake. One State, 8 Presidents http://consumer.discoverohio.com/iti...f-59878ed8f870 California, 1 so far.

OK, I'll go away for a bit.

Gary
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:50 PM   #82
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Gary.

Out of 50 states, California ranks 51st. WOW. What an honor
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:28 AM   #83
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
People have the same complaint about our little town of Greenwood, MS. There is nothing to do here, they say. Well, what is that something you want to do so badly? If we had a movie theater, I still wouldn't go very often because it is so expensive. Part of the reasons small towns have nothing to do is because every family has a car these days and it is easy to drive to the next town to shop or go to the movies or restaurants.
I guess since there is nothing to do, I do nothing. I go to church and to work. I work in the yard and do home maintenance and vehicle maintenance. I ride my motorcycle. I watch television and read books. I clean house and cook and do laundry. If those activities are "nothing to do", I sure stay busy all day every day doing them. When I hear people say that of our town, msny times I perceive the meaning as we don't have shopping malls or night life or party places. I wouldn't do those things anyway even if they were available in our town. We go to the mall in other towns as we travel maybe twice a year. We don't do night life outside of eating at a restaurant occasionally.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:52 AM   #84
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
The service staff are really great here. They know their stuff. Took apart my entire door, replaced the deadbolt, repositioned the striker - it works perfectly! Recliner and Voyager today. Can't wait!

Should have brought bikes. Very flat here and lots of gorgeous farms!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:24 AM   #85
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Should have brought bikes. Very flat here and lots of gorgeous farms!
VERY flat. I did 20-30 mile rides that had under 100' of climbing. The biggest hill was the overpass over the interstate!
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #86
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam View Post
VERY flat. I did 20-30 mile rides that had under 100' of climbing. The biggest hill was the overpass over the interstate!
Looking forward to riding my bike through the very flat roads of my home state when I visit this summer!
DianePhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:28 PM   #87
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Oh and by the way - if you're coming to the mothership for service and use a heavy duty (2.5") hitch head in your ProPride or Hensley, you'll be towing your own unit in to the service area. He said I was the first they've seen. They literally have every other possible combination on their tractors but that.
We didn't have great signal this week so I wanted to update this now that I'm better connected.

We got in Sunday night. Monday morning, they couldn't put our trailer on their John Deere. I've forgotten his name now - but he was very apologetic about asking me to rehitch and take it to the service bay. We did the same thing Tuesday morning. When we returned after having lunch with my brother from Dayton, I came back to the service center to see my trailer out in the back lot! I asked how they did that. Turns out that Monday morning, he called Sean at ProPride and Sean FedExed a part to them which enabled them to move my trailer!

So again - I'm quoting myself to correct myself. The service center can move your 2.5" ProPride :-)
Old 04-24-2014, 05:30 PM   #88
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air-Texas View Post
We just left Jackson Center on Sunday morning. We drove in Friday night, and left our AS for servicing. Good thing that we brought our own food!

Maybe that was you SteveSueMac that we saw coming in Saturday evening.
Hi there! Nope, we came in Sunday around 4-5 pm. There was a couple from Canada who got in on Saturday. They had horrific hail damage. I think the service center told them it would take a month! Yikes!
Old 04-24-2014, 05:53 PM   #89
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
We had a Voyager rear camera installed, our dinette area changed with a recliner and a custom cut of the original table that looks amazing, and several warranty items including a pressurized leak check as the clearance lights replaced by the dealer had a few pinhole leaks, repair of the door which required a complete deconstruction/reconstruction including new deadbolt lock and moved striker, checked FW tank for leaks (surprise - Micropulse :-) - all recalibrated and working for now) - lots of other one off stuff - all in 2 days. Bill was our service guy and he was fantastic. Explained everything, patiently answered questions, treated the trailer like it was his own and treated us like the most important people on the planet.

I opted out of the external propane hookup - first, by law, they have to put it on the non-awning side as it is illegal to use a grill under the awning (their words, not mine) and while I don't grill under the awning, I certainly don't grill on the sewer side! Plus, the hose wouldn't have been all that long - just seemed like carrying a 1lb propane tank isn't that big a deal after all.

Name:   image-3111210571.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  46.7 KB

This is the upgraded "great room" as DW calls it :-)

The recliner is the one they use in the 30'ers. The table was custom cut by Jim (what a great guy - equally great with us every step of the way and a bit of a perfectionist which you want for stuff like this). We talked about what we wanted and I gave him some ideas. He cut out a test version from scrap wood before committing and DESPITE the fact that it looks like a grand piano (which I suggested to DW before we even went to Jackson - an idea she hated) she really loves it now too! :-)

Oh - and the tour with Don was a real treat because of him - in his 54th year with the company!
Old 04-24-2014, 06:18 PM   #90
3 Rivet Member

1970 25' Tradewind
San Antonio , Texas
Two more sites to see at JC
*great hardware store on main street & complete with a cat
*butcher shop a few blocks northeast of the Factory

Also, check out the bicycle museum 15 miles west--really worth seeing & a SUPER Italian restaurant next door.

We have been to the Service Center numerous times & always leave happy!
Victoria
2Tex4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:21 AM   #91
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
We will check out those attractions beginning Monday-
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote