Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-12-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Mall Of America

I have more than one inquiry about a good camp ground that would be close to the Mall of America. Personally, I try to keep my Wife out of that place!!

Seriously though, it is quite an experience for anyone who hasn't been there. The Minneapolis Metro area doesn't have many campgrounds, at least nice ones. There are a lot of parks and (cultural) things to do, and the climate is very nice (three months of the year anyway).

I have not visited this campground but know where it is and it is in a nice area and about 20 minutes to the Mall. 30 if traffic is bad. It is a little spendy, but you won't notice the price by the time your spouse is done at the MOM anyway.

I live nearbye and would sure like to lunch with anyone that visits. (Bring shotgun for mosquitos) (12 guage preferably) (That's Minnesota sporting clays)!!

http://www.townandcountrycampground.com

AIRSTREAM 345 TURBO-DIESEL
VFW, LEGION, NRA

cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:39 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Mall of America

Do not try to do an overnight in their remote parking lot. They are not like Walmart. The guard will come around at about 11:00 PM and kick you out. There is a campground about 20 miles south and east of the mall which is pretty nice, and not too pricey.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:53 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Town and Country in Savage Mn is the one I'd recommend. Well maintained, close to many attractions on the southern half of the metro area.

Changing the World One Child at a Time
www.compassion.com

hookedonclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:54 PM   #4
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Nice thread thanks for sharing about the campground!

We hope to get out that way sometime! Thanks for posting the info and the nice campground reviews for Minnesota. Looks like a beautiful state to camp in!
Old 03-13-2006, 05:46 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
Mall of America

The Mall of America is a fun place and great place for us Minnesotans to walk in the winter time. Stop in at the Twin City Grill for a walleye sandwich.

I put nearly three years of my life working solely on the Mall with the architectural design team. Thus I have an affinity toward it. Most of my colleagues as well as a lot of other locals deride the place and claim not to ever visit there. Those same urbanites in downtown Minneapolis extoll their light rail transit. It doesn't occur to them it terminates at the Mall of America.

The Mall is slated to double in size if plans go through. Currently Bass Pro Shops is negotiating to build a 300,000 square foot store on the site. Ikea opened not too long ago.

Don't forget the exclusive Airstream Park in Clear Lake, MN. It's within striking distance. Maybe about 70 miles away.
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote