Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-30-2021, 05:03 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Heat pump tripping EMS

Hi all, heat pump is tripping my Progressive industries EMS a second after it turns on. With heat pump off it’s giving the messages E0 /. PE1 / 124 / 0 A / 60H

Error 1 is reversed polarity, but I checked other outlets, and the pedestal, all normal.

Turned off all other breakers and EMS still tripped when heat pump turned on.

EMS installed and working fine 2+ years. been at this cg for several weeks with no issues til now.

Any thoughts?
eagle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 06:16 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 27' Safari FB SE
NW Oregon in a nice spot , Oregon
I would call Progressive Industries customer support line and not rely on a forum to answer my question. Then report back on what you learn so we all can learn. I had a similar question with codes on my unit 4 years ago, called them and they said boo boo on the unit, sent me a new one. The good thing is when it is a bad unit it shuts down power and does not give a false sense of protection. Good luck.
bweybright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 06:44 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweybright View Post
I would call Progressive Industries customer support line and not rely on a forum to answer my question. Then report back on what you learn so we all can learn. I had a similar question with codes on my unit 4 years ago, called them and they said boo boo on the unit, sent me a new one. The good thing is when it is a bad unit it shuts down power and does not give a false sense of protection. Good luck.
Yep, already have an email out to them. I’ll try calling tomorrow but I’m assuming they’re taking a long weekend Definitely a possibility since Heat pump seems to work when EMS is bypassed… I’ve switched to the furnace for now just to be safe 😊
Old 12-30-2021, 06:50 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
West Lake Hills , Texas
Following. Looking forward to hearing what Progressive has to say.
Fungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 07:12 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 27' Safari FB SE
NW Oregon in a nice spot , Oregon
As are we all since the retirement and sale to a new company. Good thing....is US and smallish. Still will the new owner hold the same values as the founder? We can hope. Please keep us informed on how things go for you.
bweybright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 07:23 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Finally got a call back from PI… seems they had a nice long holiday weekend Since the ems is going back to E0 (no errors) and the issue is only happening with the one appliance he suggested I look to the A/C -heat pump. Did some more testing and something is reversing hot/neutral as soon as the compressor kicks in… weird.
It’s warming up to 40 so I might get a chance this weekend to climb on top and look for something obvious.