Welcome to the Forums!
Originally Posted by jonro35
I have 110 power and the lights and fans and pumps, but when I switch over to battery power at the small box in rear compartment, nothing. I put the battery on the charger at 10 amps. The volt meter in the trailer is on the charge mode. My multimeter reads 15 volts.Still no lights or fans and pumps. Is there a switch inside the trailer that I'm missing. I found the breaker box but not a fuse panel for the battery system. There is a small box that I think is the voltage converter..... Thanks Jon
The Univolt power converter is/was a box measuring about 8" (W) x 12" (L) x 8" (H), and when it is energized will hum rather loudly. If your '64 is similar to mine, the original Univolt was located in the rear one-stop service compartment nearly hidden in the front streetside corner of the compartment.
From your description, it sounds as if your coach may have a newer replacement power converter. If this is the case the shore power/battery power switch may have been disabled (I know that this was part of the new converter installation in my Overlander). In either case, the fuses are likely hidden behind a panel on the Univolt, however, I wouldn't suspect the 12-volt fuses if the devices work when connected to 120-volt AC. The first year for the Univolt was 1964
, and all lights were 12-volt as were the fans, pump, and furnace blower.
When disconnected from shore power, try leaving the shore/battery power switch in the shore power mode and see if you have your lights etc. If you have a newer power converter, this could quite likely be the case.
You might also try tracing the battery cables and cleaning/securing each of the ends. I believe that there may have been a fuse(s) or resettable circuit breaker(s) attached to one or both battery cables. My theory is that if everything is working when on shore power, then the problem is between the converter and your battery.
Good luck in solving your mystery!