Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Lancaster , Texas
Exclamation 110 outlets not functioning

I have just purchased a 2007, 19' Bambi with a solar panel. When I switch off the power inverter, I can only get three of the interior, 110 volt outlets to work. The other three and the outside outlets are dead. This occures when I am attached to shore power.

I had some difficulty initially with the wiring for the hitch plug and think that they may have disconnected some of the wiring by mistake or flipped a circuit breaker(s). I cannot find the location of the 110 circuit brakers and find the owner's manual is useless in this regard. I have looked for the breakers under the dinnette seat, in the wardrobe, under the wardrobe, everywhere I can think of. Maybe I am looking at it and don't recognize it.

Has anyone had a similar problem and where is 110 V breaker breaker box, and what does it look like? Do I need to take it to my Airstream dealer to fix this? Thanks!
mguinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Denton , North Carolina
Mguinn,

Check the GFI. It is the 110 outlet that has the two little buttons. Maybe in the bathroom, or it is on one of the 110 breakers in the breaker box.

Don't assume that it is on just because it looks like it is not tripped. Trip it off then back on.

Dan
Dan@LED4RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Denton , North Carolina
Click on this link for a picture of a breaker box GFI at post #5

Dan
Dan@LED4RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:04 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
We had a similar issue and took it to the dealer - turned out to be the GFCI breaker. We had issues resetting it ourselves but the dealer got it to reset.
bonginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:29 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Lancaster , Texas
Thank you. We got the outlet working (eventually), but now our "automatic" or manual ceiling exhaust fan only works on manual and one of the overhead lights (one closest to the fan on the door side) is not working. We changed the bulb, but that didn't fix it. I may have to take it to the dealer, but I think it also may be an easy faix that we're overlooking. We have solar panals and I want to change out all of the light bulbs to LED for the energy savings when we're "off the grid".

What fun! I'm so glad my "second home" is only 19' feet long.

Mary Guinn
mguinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:21 AM   #6
_

. , .
PUSH UP on the black KNOB on the f'fan to allow 'auto function'

pulling down on that knob allows manual open/close

but DISengages the switch function (but it will still HUMMMMM).

if there is NO HUMMM...

>>>> the 'SPEED SWITCH' needs to be on ANY setting EXCEPT ZERO for the open/close feature to work.

ZERO SPEED cuts ALL POWER to the fan, so it's useful when trying to keep from accidentally draining the battery/ies...

but for ANY of the electric fan features to function (including the rain sensor) the SPEED DIAL needs to be OFF of zero...
_______

typically ONE ceiling light has 2 switches (a wall switch and other on/near the light fixture) ...

IF either is in the OFF position, neither will turn the light on...
_______

the owners manual really is useful for a LOT of issues, it's just LONG and occasionally vague.

your manual and PARTS list are now ONLINE at the a/s website (customer support)...

the online version of both are very useful AND new units (with the same build/parts) have better manuals...

so those NEWER manuals are also online there...

have fun sorting out the MYSTERY of a/s functions and all those little buttons...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote