Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-28-2008, 11:55 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1979 25' Tradewind
Rockford , Illinois
shalay

Hello, this is my first time on this forum and I'm not vary good on a computer. I have a lot of questions but they will come later.
I have owned many Airstreams since 1975 and driven many miles, working on the road and living in an Airstream most of the years.
My first, was a 1964 17ft which I bought in 1975, sold it in 1978 and it came back to me three years ago in poor condition. I am working on that one now. I or I should say we (my wife and I) have a 1978 25' that we use for what travling we can get away for. We also have a 1957 25 ft. that I brought back from OK. two years ago, that we will gut and intend to make a mobile conference room out of. Over the years we have had twelve or thirteen Airstreams and only one was not road worthy. It was just too old and was litterally falling apart on the highway. My friends think I'm nuts but they have nerer pulled an Airstream. I pulled square trailers till 1975 and a salesman made me put my things in this little 17' and take it to Texas (that was from Cary IL.), I hadn't gone 100 miles and this was the trailer for me and has been ever since.
Now maybe I can learn something about what I have been living in for many years.
Shalay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:05 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Welcome!
It sounds like you have a lot of Airstream experience, we'll probably all try to squeeze some of your knowledge out of you. Nice to have you here on the forum.
Dave
AIR #15800

"Wimpy" 1/2 ton 2002 GMC Sierra 4X4 Z-71 Gasser
2000 Safari SS 25'
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:32 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
Welcome Shalay!

Sounds like we can all learn something from you! Please keep posting and sharing your experiences.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
You might enjoy joining other Illinois and neighboring Airstreamers at the forum's Moraine View Midwest Rally in June. You'll find many new friends who are also Airstream owners at this great rally. A link for information about it is on this forum's home page, bottom of the page. Welcome! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:53 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Just wanted to let everyone know that "Shalay" is the one who got me interested in Airstreams and found my first trailer, a 1967 Caravel, for me. I've tried to get him interested in the Forum for about a year, and now here he is. Welcome to a fun site.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:57 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Welcome to the forums! This is a great information sharing forum for all things Airstream!

We also have a '64 Bambi II which we recently (mostly) finished restoring. Do you have any photos of your Bambi II that you are working on?

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote