Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2014, 06:07 PM   #1

Rockport , Texas
Introducing myself

Hi everyone, my name is Shane and I'm a 24 year old Texan looking to purchase my first airstream soon. I just finished playing division 1 NCAA baseball and low level pro ball in Australia as well as here in the states. Unfortunately my baseball days ended with the end of this season and I just accepted a job offer.

I have always been interested in airstreams and I love the outdoors. I figure once I get a steady income I would love to purchase a trailer that I can eventually live in, as well as take it trekking across this beautiful country. All in due time, though. I don't want to spend over $4000 initially on a trailer itself. I plan on redoing the interior with the "learn as I go" approach. I know that will cost me quite a bit more but all in due time.

I'm excited that I found this forum so I can learn more about these awesome trailers, as well as learning to be more handy. Please feel free to give me advice and tips, any and all is welcomed. Thank y'all!!
shaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:17 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
grants pass , Oregon
Hey Shaner

welcome to the air forums.

You being in Texas is good,as far as Airstream buying goes.

There seems to always be lots of Airstreams for sale in Texas.

At $4k,you should look for 1970s models

If you can put $6k together I think you could find a better/decent trailer to start with.