Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2015, 02:41 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Chico , California
Hello from Northern California

I am a new member and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Vera, and I retired from teaching recently. Lately, I am feeling the need to get out and travel. I've always loved airstreams, and am looking into getting one in the next six months or so. Planning to drive to Alaska summer 2016......I know it's a long way :-) but I have lots of time.
vmbridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 05:21 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
Folsom , California
"Welcome Aboard"

There's a "rally" every April at "Casini Ranch" where you could see, up close, lots of airstreams, of different eras . . . might be worth the trip . . . might be a little late if you're going to need to buy/prepare for a summer trip to Alaska.

Anyway, you found an awesome resource in this website, and they're a friendly bunch.

MarkR

Aluminumbskull with Led Balloon in Drag
Birch Plywood and Aluminum go together like
Peanut Butter and Chocolate
MarkR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:42 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Howdy, new member here too. My wife, dog and I are so excited after two years of reading forums(me not my dog)and getting excited about adventures camping(all of us), we hitched up to our first camper this weekend. Camping now in our flying cloud and so happy - magical times
ras.robshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 08:47 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2021 27' International
Fredericksburg , Texas
Welcome to the forum Vera!
TexasVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:04 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Ebro , Fla Panhandle
Greetings Vera, welcome aboard. Have you done some R V ing before?
Quite the ambitious plan. Buy trailer/ motorhome, stock up , head for Alaska.

Looking forward to your travel adventure posts.

This is a good place for the answers to what ever puzzles you going forward.

Cheers Richard
tevake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 11:13 PM   #6
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Welcome and Airstreams are the way to go. The Wally Byam Club does Caravans to Alaska and they are close to 60 days long and members have given it very high marks. The leaders are member volunteers so all you pay for is your expenses and as a first time trailer traveler you will have help if you need it. We plan on doing the Alaska Caravan in the next few years. No planning just going.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 11:25 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1969 25' Tradewind
Shasta Lake , California
Welcome Vera,

There is a wealth of info here on Tow Vehicles , New and vintage Airstreams ,
Setting them up, Camping, restoring , modifying , rallies, etc.

Speaking of rallies next Sept 20 - 25,2016 The 3rd AlumaFandango will be held at Jackson Rancheria just outside Jackson, CA. Check out Alumafandango | Exclusive event for Airtsreamers! for details.

If you would like to see my freshly remodeled 1969 25' Airstream Tradewind send me a private message.

Enjoy the adventure of Glamping .

Glen.

WBCCI #6269

My Build Thread https://www.airforums.com/forums/f11...ml#post1997059
Glenritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 05:12 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Pineola , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmbridges View Post
I am a new member and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Vera, and I retired from teaching recently. Lately, I am feeling the need to get out and travel. I've always loved airstreams, and am looking into getting one in the next six months or so. Planning to drive to Alaska summer 2016......I know it's a long way :-) but I have lots of time.
Welcome Vera. Thanks for your work as a teacher. We drove to Alaska two years ago from western N C so you are not so far. It is a great trip. There are lots of free maps and travel planning stuff from the state too. Have fun. Retirement is a wonderful thing!