Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2006 - 2010 Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-27-2022, 12:26 AM   #1001
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
Pete,

I looked up the manuals for your year on the Airstream owner's site assuming your Classic is still equipped as originally delivered. The parts book lists the Dometic CCC (Comfort Control Center #690323-31) as the installed thermostat. I then checked the Micro-air web site to find the compatible thermostat for the upgrade. That page is located here:
https://www.microair.net/products/ea...at#CompatChart

Check the list, confirming it is correct by picture, and you'll see Micro-Air lists the "EasyTouch RV 357" as the proper replacement. Pull the installation/operating documentation at the link below and you should be on your way to better understanding the task ahead:
http://www.micro-air.com/support-doc...Manual_1.7.pdf

Sir Tristan
Air #48582, S/SO #003, WBCCI #4584
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 03:48 PM   #1002

2004 34' Classic S/O
Las vegas , Nevada
Smile 30’ Classic slide out model

We have a 2004 Classic Slide out we Bought a while ago we love it.
it has been well taken care of but needs a new home as we are not able to use it anymore are age is catching up to us it is really nice and we only used it for camping purpose only we have been thinking about selling it it has a very nice layout and everything has been kept in all original condition
Annmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 04:21 PM   #1003
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Annmiller,

If you are looking to sell, you can post an ad in the Airforums classifieds. Clear pics always help.

Gary
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 07:43 PM   #1004
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
Hampton Beach , New Hampshire
2004 30' Classic Slide-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annmiller View Post
We have a 2004 Classic Slide out we Bought a while ago we love it.
it has been well taken care of but needs a new home as we are not able to use it anymore are age is catching up to us it is really nice and we only used it for camping purpose only we have been thinking about selling it it has a very nice layout and everything has been kept in all original condition
Sorry to hear that you've gotta move away from the trailer. That's such a tough decision to make. I'm glad that you were able to do what's right for you!

AirStream provided me with their Slide-Out (S/O) production figures in 2017. Some fun facts based upon information that you can share with potential new owners.

1. Only 617 Slide-Out Trailers were built over a 10 year period of 2000-2009
2. Only 49 2004 30' Classic S/O were built.
3. Only 28 2004 34' Classic S/O were built.

I listed both the 30' and 34' for reference as your avatar listed a 34' and the post said 30'. Either way you've got a rare trailer that I'm sure someone will enjoy! We love ours! The extra room with the slide extended sure makes things pretty comfortable for those times your indoors.

All the best for your next great adventures!

Tom - S/OS #025
- 2008 30' Classic S/O - S/OS #025 - Riding on 16" Wheels and Tires -
- Live Free or Die -
STREMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 03:14 PM   #1005
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
Alumaslider IV Sept 7-10 2023

Alumaslider IV
2023 Slide-Out Society and Airstream Get Together
When: Weekend after Labor Day September 7-10, 2023
Where: Hickory Hollow Campground, 176 Big Hickory Rd. Rockwood PA 15557

Gary posted a thread with details...
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/alumaslider-iv-sept-7-10-2023-a-238064.html#post2632153

Don't hesitate on reservations...we're in.

Tom - S/OS #025
- Live Free or Die -
Old 09-24-2022, 06:04 AM   #1006
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O

Alumaslider IV
2023 Slide-Out Society and Airstream Get Together
When: Weekend after Labor Day September 7-10, 2023
Where: Hickory Hollow Campground, 176 Big Hickory Rd. Rockwood PA 15557

Here's an overhead view of the available sites as of this moment. Blue means the site is available.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 07-59-00 Full Hookup RV Site Hickory Hollow Campground - Rockwood PA.png
Views:	32
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	422965

Tom - S/OS #025
- Live Free or Die -
Old 09-25-2022, 07:11 AM   #1007
Rivet Master

2005 34' Classic S/O
2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
north blenheim , New York
We are away camping right now in the 370LE, we’ll book site 75 when I get back home, Regards, Bob
bobmiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 07:56 AM   #1008
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
AlumaSlider IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmiller1 View Post
We are away camping right now in the 370LE, we’ll book site 75 when I get back home, Regards, Bob
Sounds great Bob!
It would be great to see and hear about the mods you've made on your 34.

Tom - S/OS #025
- Live Free or Die -
Old 10-29-2022, 12:15 PM   #1009
2 Rivet Member

2002 30' Classic S/O
palma sola Bradenton Florida , Florida
New owner

I just purchased, 02 airstream 30’ classic , one owner. I’m glad there’s a community to bump ideas across. Thanks 🙏
nwdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 02:34 PM   #1010
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Dave

Good to hear from another slider. Tom, Wendy, Linda and myself are in NC at Alumalina and almost 300 other rigs. Tonight is last night and the big dinner so we’ll all be tied up for a while but you’ll hear more later and an invitation to join the Slide Out Society.

Regards

Gary
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
Old 10-30-2022, 04:43 PM   #1011
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwdave View Post
I just purchased, 02 airstream 30’ classic , one owner. I’m glad there’s a community to bump ideas across. Thanks 🙏

Hi Dave, and congratulations! We have the same trailer, with twin beds. I replaced the sofa with recliners and put Sleep Number Extended Twin mattresses.

We love ours. We have been making some repairs lately. Had a tire tread separation last August that did significant damage to the banana wrap, dump valve handles, and water compartment, and most recently the fridge cooling unit failed. It's all back in order now, just made our first rally post-disasters at Falluminum in Hiawassee, Ga last month.

Hope to see you somewhere down the road.
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 09:52 AM   #1012
2 Rivet Member

2002 30' Classic S/O
Sweet sound like you are back, road ready. My first airstream, we have more questions than answers. This unit was purchased new by a gentleman in Greensboro nc, that took care of it till I’ve purchased. We have the manuals with every receipt and work orders on work done true the years. It seems that the bed area floors can be soft, so I need guidance or recommendations as of how to take care of that. Looking forward to the community imput. Thanks. Happy travels
Old 11-01-2022, 09:01 AM   #1013
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Quote:
Sweet sound like you are back, road ready. My first airstream, we have more questions than answers. This unit was purchased new by a gentleman in Greensboro nc, that took care of it till I’ve purchased. We have the manuals with every receipt and work orders on work done true the years. It seems that the bed area floors can be soft, so I need guidance or recommendations as of how to take care of that. Looking forward to the community imput. Thanks. Happy travels
If floors are soft there is, or was, a leak. The first order of business should be to determine if something was done to fix that leak and check to see if the fix was successful. If no record of any work then you have to find the leak. You may have to replace some plywood. This can be easy or hard, depending on where the damage is and how extensive it is.

I have twin beds, so there are externally accessible storage lockers under them. The door gaskets were deteriorated when I bought my trailer in 2016. After a false start where the dealer I got the parts from sent the wrong gasket material, I got them sealed up. Even so, one of them leaked slightly which I found when repairing damage from the Fantastic Fan being left open. I pulled all the furniture out of the bedroom to get the wet carpet and pad out from under the beds and the night stand. While I had it apart I saw a small leak still coming from one of the hatch doors

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f45...ks-201380.html

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f38...nd-189516.html

My floor was solid but as a preventative measure I got some Minwax Wood Hardener, and soaked the floor with two coats before replacing the furniture.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Minwax-Wood...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Find and fix all the bugs and then make it yours - you will love it!
Old 11-01-2022, 10:03 AM   #1014
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Quote:
nwdave,

I'll take the liberty of signing you up. Congrats nwdave you are a member of this limited gang and your official ID is S/OS#124

Airforums has a lot of info and the info generally is broken out into respective categories (most of the time) like electric stuff has its place but its not in water systems. Using Search and better yet Advanced Search can really speed up the process.

So fire away, make plans and enjoy your S/O and one simple rule, Level L-R, Front-Back, extend stabilizers and THEN extend the slide. Remember they are stabilizers, not levelers.

So enjoy, learn and make memories.

Best regards from S.C.

Gary
Old 11-06-2022, 10:21 AM   #1015
2 Rivet Member

2002 30' Classic S/O
Thanks to everyone. We just had it inspected and the floors are perfect. They had a small area in the bedroom and my local dealer fix and did the new floor covering. This thing was garage most of its life and still in perfect shape. Lucky for me that my garage is big enough to store. We will do a few trips here in Florida soon to break the ice. I look at newer units but my question is was the late trailers aluminum source in China. As a sheet metal tech. I’ve run into issues building vintage aluminum race cars and let me tell you. Chinese poor milled aluminum does not have the same quality as early 2000’s metal. I’ve seen a kit of videos of people justifying early surface corrosion. I hope airstream did not go on that route because the value of late model units will crash fast. Most videos I’ve seen people are totally lost and come up with many ideas as of why this happens. My 2 cents is , you already purchased so keep it clean plus get some sort of static wip like we use in aviation to lengthen the life of your Rv. There’s nothing you can do to solve the problems because the metallurgy is compromised. I’m sure I’m getting under a lot of peoples skin but the reality can’t be deny.
Old 11-10-2022, 02:26 PM   #1016
2 Rivet Member

2002 30' Classic S/O
hello famiglia

we just register our 02' 30' classic with slide out. Thanks for the warm welcome into the community. we are going true all systems in order to have it on the road by April when we be traveling to Washington state to be there 6 months. prior owner took care of unit very well. he recently replaces floors and looks perfect. it looks like the roof need a good seal scrape and re seal. Thats pretty normal because its age. This was indoors and we also are lucky enough to also keep inside. I've washed a few times in order to clean the clear oxidation in a few places but nothing that good soap and water can't fix. as i hose all over i did not see any leaks anywhere but this morning i found some water under the dinner table also slide out. looking a little further i see in the slide outer seal jam some poorly done silicone of some sort, I'm wondering if the seal needs to be replaced and what's your experience with this. we look to all the obvious places that can leak but is bone dry. the prior owner re seals all vents and ac, that's good because any old leaks where already address. is there a seal part number? what a good maintenance routine and what should be looking as of do and don'ts when it comes to the slide out. Thanks
Old 11-11-2022, 01:30 PM   #1017
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Quote:
w
... this morning i found some water under the dinner table also slide out. looking a little further i see in the slide outer seal jam some poorly done silicone of some sort, I'm wondering if the seal needs to be replaced and what's your experience with this. we look to all the obvious places that can leak but is bone dry. the prior owner re seals all vents and ac, that's good because any old leaks where already address. is there a seal part number? what a good maintenance routine and what should be looking as of do and don'ts when it comes to the slide out. Thanks
Welcome to slideout ownership! They are great trailers.

1. If the slide is retracted after a rain, it is possible for water to get in from the top of the slide. There are drains in the floor at the wall, near the front and rear of the slideout.

2. The seals were made by unigrip. I talked to them years ago about purchasing a replacement for my wiper seal. I have the Airstream drawing for making that seal from a UniGrip extrusion, and several other drawings I can send you if you message me with your e-mail. If by the "outer seal" you mean the one that is on the slideout, I do not have that part number but you can probably find it in the Ungrip catalog here:
https://uni-grip.com/products/sealfinder

3. Seals should be attached with a cyanoacrylate (super glue) adhesive, not silicone. I reattached my wiper seal with Gorilla Glue branded superglue and it has been solid for 6 years. Avoid silicone as it leaves a residue and it is difficult to get anything to stick where silicone has been used.

In case you are not aware, the Owners Manual and the PArts Manual for your trailer are available on the Airstream wesite under the OWNERS tab.

Sounds like you have found a good trailer! Good luck making it your own with enhancements.

Al
Old 11-17-2022, 05:37 PM   #1018
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Part(s) Needed for Repair

Arriving late last night to campground and missed the turn. On a 2-lane SC road with no traffic for miles. I thought I was safe backing up for a few feet. Wrong! Someone sneaked up behind me while we were looking for an intersection. As the semi-trailer sticker says, "if you can;t see my mirrors, I can't see you".

Honda grill 1 - Slideout bumper drawer 0.

Moral of the story - Always use a guide when backing!

I have a request in to JC about parts and repair I have not been impressed by my last two experiences with dealer and independent repair shops.

Any idea where to acquire a bumper drawer?
Old 11-22-2022, 05:07 AM   #1019
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
Slide-Out Society - S/OS - Member Update

Slide-Out Society - S/OS - Member Update

Dave (nwdave),

Welcome to our little Slider Group!

Congratulations on your S/OS #124!
2002 Classic 30' S/O

Carrying on in the tradition of earlier member updates your 2002 30" Classic S/O is 1 of 36 built for that model year. Some rare silver S/O you've got there.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Enjoy all your adventures!

I've updated our member lists so everyone can see where we're at!

Tom - S/OS #025

Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide-Out Member List Pg 1.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	446.6 KB
ID:	425650 Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide-Out Member List Pg 2.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	278.2 KB
ID:	425651 Click image for larger version

Name:	SlideModelNumbers.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	425652
- Live Free or Die -
Old 03-05-2023, 07:25 PM   #1020
1 Rivet Member

2001 34' Limited S/O
1983 31' Excella
1976 29' Ambassador
Spruce grove , Alberta
I’m doing a research project to increase the data resolution on the slide outs. I’m doing this primarily to help buyer/seller/owners to further identify the rarity of particular build configurations. In turn this will help appraisers verify wether a slideout might be a 1of1, 1of4 or 1of9 etc. This is the same kind of data you’ll see with classic cars where certain options and such are parsed out to the nth degree. I’m not going into fine detail like interior color combos or wether someone has a convection over a regular microwave. No, I’m looking at the precise build date, last 6 of the serial number, length, slideout type. I’d also like to see if I can identify these CSA tagged units to see how many of those exist. Other info will come out with this as I get more vins collected. For example, how many airstreams did they build that year overall. Airstream doest like to give that info out but we can come to some good conclusions. I’d love to be able to get an entire year populated and be able to say exactly how many lounge slides there were in 2002 or any other year. Lounge slides were deleted after 2004 so they are also another rare group within a group. There’s also some info I’ve found that suggest that 70th anniversary units are spread across 2001 as well as 2002! So hopefully I can verify that’s the case or that it’s just bad data. I think I can could fully populate 2009 as it had the fewest units made and know what day the last slideout was made.

I plan to expand the current build data sheet that came out in 2017. If you care to submit your own trailers info with the build date, length, original slide type and the last 6 of the vin, I’ll add it in. I’ve collected a few slide outs for my list from publicly available posts all over the internet. As you can see some info starts to come out even with just these few examples.

Airstream Slideout Vins:
MM/DD/YY or MM/YY

-2000 34ft Lounge/Queen 513250 1/29/00
-2001 34ft Lounge/Queen 1STGLBU341J513948 11/25/00
-2001 30ft Dinette/Queen 1STJKBR201J514008 1/17/01
-2001 34ft Lounge/Queen 1STGLBU311J514023 2/2/01
-2002 30ft Dinette/Queen 1STJBBP282J514291 11/14/01
-2002 34ft Lounge/Queen 514312 07/19/01
-2003 34ft Lounge/Queen 1STGBBU383J515000 08/02
-2004 34ft Dinette/Queen 515821 08/03
-2004 34ft Lounge/Queen 515843 08/03
-2004 34ft Lounge/Queen 515961 08/03
-2004 34ft Lounge/Queen 516109 11/03
-2005 30ft Dinette/Queen 1STJBBP245J516978 07/04
-2005 30ft Dinette/Queen 1STJBBP255J517248 08/04
-2005 30ft Dinette/Queen 1STJBBP285J517986 date?
-2006 30ft Dinette/Queen 519069 10/05
-2006 28ft Dinette/Queen 1STJPBM276J519199 date?
-2007 34ft Dinette/Twin 1STGB4U397J519686 04/06
-2008 34ft Dinette/Queen 1STGB4U308J521733 04/07
-2009 34ft Dinette/Twin 1STGB4U359J523835 date?
-2009 34ft 1STGB4U379J523979 date?

Date built and serial tracking using non-slide units and last 6 of vin:
-513863 8/29/00

-2003 MY: In 2002 the manufacture date format changes for the 2003 Model Year onward
-2004 MY: last year for Lounge slides.
-2004-2006 MYs: only years for the 28 foot but 2003 28ft units reported by owners
-2005 MY: teardrop markers begin
-
WW2GURU is offline   Reply With Quote