Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-04-2013, 04:14 AM   #1

1988 Argosy 32
Brunswick , Georgia
1988 Argosy, floor rot

We have a new to us 32' 1988 Argosy that has the front and rear bedroom entry doors. The rear bedroom and up towards the hallway closet by the door has a large amount of floor rot. I have removed the bedroom furniture and carpet and have cut out the flooring as far as I can without having to remove the hallway closet end cap that faces the bedroom. Also I've had to remove several sections of the wall in the bedroom where it has delaminated beneath the wall covering.

One positive from doing this is I've been able to see where the leaks are and I have stopped about 75% of them by sealing some roof and wall seams. My plan is to have them all stopped before I reinstall any of the flooring and walls.

My question is, how hard is it to remove the hallway closet end cap that faces the bedroom so I can get the flooring at the rear door replaced? For the life of me I cannot tell how to or if it can be removed without damage to the end piece of the closet. Maybe just butt up as close as possible!!!!!

Any advice at this point would be great.

Thanks,

Archie
archbarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 24
Houston , Texas
You should check out my thread and the images. I've been taking apart a 1973 24 foot Argosy. Most of the furniture is riveted together. Screws join the major components to each other, the floor, the ceiling, and the wall. It can all be removed easily.

If you want specific advice post pictures so we know which component you are asking about.
Hotpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote