Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Insurance & Claims
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2013 30' Classic
Lakeland , Florida
Blue Sky Insurance

Finally decided on a insurance that has everything coverage wise for a new trailer. The winner was Blue Sky.

Can anyone share their experiences with this company?

Thanks
Freedomrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomrider View Post
Finally decided on a insurance that has everything coverage wise for a new trailer. The winner was Blue Sky.

Can anyone share their experiences with this company?

Thanks
Never heard of them.

Your big problem, if you have a loss, is since they are unknown, the Airstream will be foreign to them, therefore they will not have a clue of what it might cost to "PROPERLY" repair it

That being the case, they will seek their own shop, that also probably knows nothing about an Airstream.

It's always best, in spite of the cost, to use an insurance company that is reasonably familair with an Airstream.

If not, then most likely, you will be very upset when they offer a settlement should you have a loss, especially hail.

You might inquire from them, as to what will they do, in the case of a hail loss, a comprehensive loss, or a collision. And, the worst question would be "what will they do, in the case of a total loss".

It's best to know before hand, instead of after the fact.

All to many companies will take your money, and then provide sub-standard service, when a l,oss occurs.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2013 30' Classic
Lakeland , Florida
Thanks for your comeback Andy. Blue Sky was started by the gentleman who setup the model for "National Interstate." They have been in business for about 5 years now. All the coverages are $250K/$500, with Full-Timer's Liability, Full-Timer's Medical, Replacement/Purchase Price coverage, Total Loss Deductible Buy Back, Depreciation Buy Back, Custom Equipment, Personal Effects and Emergencies Expenses.

I was hoping all of this would make a difference. Insurance Agent stated quite a bit of use and no complaints.

In your opinion, what companies are more experienced with Airstreams?

Thanks
Old 10-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomrider View Post
Thanks for your comeback Andy. Blue Sky was started by the gentleman who setup the model for "National Interstate." They have been in business for about 5 years now. All the coverages are $250K/$500, with Full-Timer's Liability, Full-Timer's Medical, Replacement/Purchase Price coverage, Total Loss Deductible Buy Back, Depreciation Buy Back, Custom Equipment, Personal Effects and Emergencies Expenses.

I was hoping all of this would make a difference. Insurance Agent stated quite a bit of use and no complaints.

In your opinion, what companies are more experienced with Airstreams?

Thanks
State Farm, Allstate, Progressive, Geico, USAA.

They all sound good, "UNTIL" that bad day, then typically the owner finds out the hard way, through their pocket book.

I note that you say "full timer".

To me, that means if you don't live in the trailer, your "NOT" a full timer.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2013 30' Classic
Lakeland , Florida
Ooh, the sound of the truth. We do plan to full time. I forgot to check USAA.

Thanks gain.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Vancouver , Washington
Thumbs up Blue Sky is Great!

After searching for a while, and even adding my 2013 Flying Cloud 27' FB to my auto and home policies, I found Blue Sky. They answered ALL my questions and sounded like the best fit for me.
23 days after I purchased the policy, on our maiden voyage, I wiped out the side of the A/S on some gas pump guards. I was SICK!!!
Two weeks later when our trip was over I contacted Blue Sky with the bad news.
I was told to get the damages assessed by the company of my choice, send them pictures of the damage, and they would contact me.
I took the A/S to the dealer that sold it to me, Airstream Adventures Northwest, in Portland, Oregon. Their service manager said he would deal with the insurance company directly with the estimate.
Two days later Blue Sky contacted me and said they approved the repairs and whom did I want the check made out to.
All in all I thought it was excellent service for a short time customer. I would recommend them to everyone. JMHO
bigmikeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #7
Retired USAF (kinda)

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Meridian , Idaho
Bigmikeeb,
You made my day. I thought I was the only one who did stuff like that. Glad to hear it worked out for you. Who did your repairs? Good to know for those in the PNW. When I trashed my Airstream, I went to JC for repairs (but I was in that part of the country already).
av8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8or View Post
Bigmikeeb,
You made my day. I thought I was the only one who did stuff like that. Glad to hear it worked out for you. Who did your repairs? Good to know for those in the PNW. When I trashed my Airstream, I went to JC for repairs (but I was in that part of the country already).
Did the same stupid thing a few years ago. Allstate made everything new again.
Neil
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Vancouver , Washington
PNW Repairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8or View Post
Bigmikeeb,
Airstream Northwest Adventures in Portland, Oregon did the repairs. Looks just like new now....
bigmikeeb is offline   Reply With Quote