Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Dollars & Cents > Trailer Values
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-06-2015, 11:20 AM   #1

1963 19' Globetrotter
winston salem , North Carolina
any chance you guys could give me some good advice an help ???

I recently acquired a damaged 1963 bair stream globe trotter and am trying to figure out what to do ...... keep it , try an refurbish , but inm very busy and betting these are hard to refurbish parts wise.... also do i sell it as is , and if so how much is it worth as is .... or should i part it out , if so were and how , etc .. just really lost ion a lot of this stuff all i know is these are crazy nice and awesome new !!! and look amazing when done right ... also know i could use the money and want it to have a good home were it will be cherished and loved once again .... please yall , any hel;pfull advice would be great and am i allowed to post up my phone number on hewre lol thanks a bunch guys and hope to heart from someone soon
joshellis31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 11:34 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Woodburn , Oregon
What is the damage and how bad is it ?
shineybullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 11:45 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
If the shell is good you could budget $10,000.00 plus for frame, running gear, and interior work. If the shell has damage it could get to be expensive.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 11:46 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Hey Josh

You're not giving enough info.

How bad is the damage ( photo would help )?

How handy are you?

Is there anything else wrong with it?

It's either a lot of work, or a lot of money to restore an Airstream. It's usually not a big money maker. It all depends on how much you paid for it, what shape it's in. etc. Check out what trailers in good shape are going for in the forums classified section.

If you like the trailer, like to camp and travel, and want to keep it, and you have spare time and money, well that's a different story
mandolindave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:17 AM   #5

1963 19' Globetrotter
winston salem , North Carolina
Pics ??? How can I post pics

I looked around a little bit on here yesterday and couldn't figure out how to post pics the damage is pretty severe to the shell and the inside I wish I had the time to fix it up I'm very handy and could do it all myself I'm sure other than the framework for the shell work rather but I'm very busy basically 12 small businesses and have 2 kids that stay with me over half the time lol and a young girl friend that likes to go visit family.... If you guys can tell me how to put a pic up on here I will do that I'll put a few up or if you want you can text my phone and i can text you all some pics 336 682 9575, my name is Josh
joshellis31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:15 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
Click "post reply." In the dialog box you get for posting your reply, you should see a bunch of little icons above the box you type in. One of those icons is a little paper clip. Click on the paperclip, then select the files you want to upload. this will attache pictures to your post.

I can tell you right now that if your trailer has significant interior and exterior damage, from the sounds of things, you definitely don't have the time to do a complete rebuild. The question your pictures will answer is should it be scrapped or repaired, can it be used for parts, and ultimately, perhaps what is it worth.
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:21 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2000 19' Bambi
mt. Prospect , Illinois
Without pictures, you cannot get an educated opinion. Put your pictures on your desktop. Start a reply to this thread, then click on the GO ADvanced button below the dialogue window. Click on manage attachments, and select the files from your desktop. Click upload and the file will be moved into your response.

If there is exterior damage that does not extend into the interior, consider using it as is for a while until you come to grips with what you have - we have people who come to Forum rallies in dented, but serviceable condition.