Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Full-Timing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2021, 12:04 PM   #1
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
Vaccine available without ID?

Something new from Florida, out of state residents, without local ID have been passed over in the vaccination line.
The term used was "vaccination tourist" supposing to fly in for the shot.

I can't see how this is any different with the term snowbirds?
Neither have a local ID

Do we all (full timers) have to "go home" ???
Old 01-22-2021, 12:23 PM   #2
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Yes very hard to rationalize, isn't the point to get everyone immunized?

If you're by me for a while, get a shot please.

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 01-22-2021, 12:35 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2009 34' Panamerica
2005 28' Classic
Still , in the thick of it
Any form of info that verifies who you are and that you have a residence in FL you are good to go.

For example, you are snowbird with a place in Florida, but have an out of state ID that IDs you, and you have a utility bill with your name on it with a FL address, you can get vaccinated as I understand it.

The problem was, and I find it hard to believe...folks were getting on the vaccine lists in FL as a non-resident. They even said if you have a theme park pass that shows you are a FL resident, they'll even take that as proof.

https://www.wesh.com/article/florida...-only/35282332

Everyone should have the option to get vaccinated, but the states are allocated vaccines, so if folks are coming to a state from another state to get a vaccine and the state is only allocated "X" amount based on state needs/populations, I can see how an influx of outsiders could, at least as things ramp up, cause issues.

So if you are a mobile full-timer in an RV and have no actual residence in FL and have an out of state ID, you are SOL at this point. If in FL, you will need to either go to a state without such rules (prob won't be many moving forward) or go back to the state where your ID is valid and proves you are a resident, cause FL ain't havin' ya at least for now....
Old 01-22-2021, 12:51 PM   #4
rbs
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
Decatur , Illinois
I'm certain that once the supply chain gets up to where it should/was supposed to be, vaccines will be a lot easier to get. The missing stockpile has created massive shortages
Old 01-22-2021, 01:01 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Crystal River , Florida
It makes sense to me. As a tax paying resident I can tell you it's very difficult to get a vaccination appointment here. It seems only reasonable states would look out for their own residents first. As much as it might seem a burden, it goes with the lifestyle.
Old 01-22-2021, 01:04 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
Left Florida and drove 640 miles home because we could get an appointment. Got first shot Tuesday. Yes, there were some strong feelings in Florida. It did not look hopeful. We will go back after the second shot.
Old 01-22-2021, 01:23 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2020 23' Flying Cloud
2019 22' Sport
Sebastian , Florida
Out of staters were going online and getting a slot before booking travel. Hunh? Unprotected people traveling from all over to get a shot that doesn’t “kick in” for a week? Doesn’t that leave us open to another surge? It ranks right up there with “If you’re young and healthy, come on down for Spring break!”
The reservation system is as much of a crapshoot as Florida’s state park reservation or unemployment application. If you aren’t in the state, do us all a favor and buy local for your shot.
Shots are available for part time residents. Just be prepared to show some evidence of an address.
Old 01-22-2021, 02:22 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
I'm certain that once the supply chain gets up to where it should/was supposed to be, vaccines will be a lot easier to get. The missing stockpile has created massive shortages
I agree with this, from what I have read and been told by our local health department.

I also believe vaccines in our county are available for county residents, only, which makes sense.

Vaccine is very limited, and even if you fall in the 65 or over you may not get an appointment for one any time soon, I am told.

I was told today that our health department is only allowed to give 400 vaccinations per clinic day.

Sounds like FEMA is going to set up mass vaccination clinics, which ought to speed things along.

Maggie
Old 01-22-2021, 02:24 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2020 23' Flying Cloud
2019 22' Sport
Sebastian , Florida
Clarification of “Florida part time resident”
I went to the Publix website and clicked the link at the bottom for coronavirus information.
Requirements are a rather restrictive “any two of the following” from a list, so unless you are a snowbird with a seasonal site and maybe a bank account or utilities account, you won’t get far.
On the other hand, visitors are not that much worse off than us locals, who are expecting booked up appointment schedules resulting in a several month wait. The Publix pharmacies offer shots in only about a dozen counties, all are booked up, and the website advises to try back after 1/27.
There are no easy answers right now, so follow the guidelines and be as safe as you can.
Old 01-22-2021, 03:01 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Salem , Oregon
So if you don't like it stay home. You are just spreading the virus or at best picking it up to take it to your home state.

We as residents can't even get it yet unless we are a health care worker.

Have patience.

Dave
Old 01-22-2021, 03:35 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2018 25' International
Slidell , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
What missing stockpile? Sounds like fake news. Doesn't something have to be confirmed to exist first in order for it to go missing and cause a shortage? A vaccine in less than 10 months is quite an accomplishment.
Old 01-22-2021, 03:48 PM   #12
rbs
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
Decatur , Illinois
you need to find a more reliable news source

Fortune Magazine,"Vaccine reserves promised by Trump officials simply aren’t there—and states are left to deal with the chaos" and endless articles and comments about the missing reserves, goggle is your friend.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:08 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2018 25' International
Slidell , Louisiana
These states had confirmed orders did they? Do any of these news reports have written documentation confirming a firm contractural promise of delivery, or were they given good faith estimates that some twisted to fit a narrative? Please point me to hard evidence of promised delivery of stock on hand. Why are we to believe the news has the story right? In over 15 stories I read, not one piece of hard evidence, not one.

In todays era of false news reports and anonymous sources, truth and fact seems to be secondary.

Once again people should be grateful at the fantastic achievement most experts doubted.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:35 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
2017 23' Flying Cloud
Hiawassee , Georgia
Let’s see now....vaccines were developed in record time, by far, and were approved for distribution just last month? Now people expect 700 million doses available instantly to shoot in your arm? Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth....
C’mon, man! Use some common sense.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:40 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
Western NC , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK4YZ View Post
Let’s see now....vaccines were developed in record time, by far, and were approved for distribution just last month? Now people expect 700 million doses available instantly to shoot in your arm? Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth....

C’mon, man! Use some common sense.

Now why would anyone use that? [emoji6]
Old 01-22-2021, 05:10 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2018 25' International
Slidell , Louisiana
I continue to use google to try to find some real and factual news with documentation showing that the supply chain is not where it should have been or was supposed to be by now, but I've been unable to do so. I can't find anything to confirm missing stockpiles or massive shortages. I don't see any facts to suggest the general public in any state should have expected to have had an opportunity to get a vaccine by now. Nothing. I am also confused by the idea of reserves. I mean really in a country of over 300 million people, many who would like to have a vaccine shot to have reserves in a little less than one month? I also can't find evidence of the chaos the states are now having to deal with due to missed expectations. Can someone show me how to apply that common sense you talk about?
Old 01-22-2021, 05:21 PM   #17

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Thread Closed.

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Closed Thread