Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: What's your favorite Silver Girls' Rally Weekend? Let's get this party started!
March 6 - 8, 2009 3 75.00%
March 13 - 15, 2009 1 25.00%
March 20 - 22, 2009 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2009, 10:40 PM   #81
Rivet Master

1965 22' Safari
Three Rivers , California
Hi Meredith. Are the designs embroidered (sp) ? Or they screen printed? I really like the second design. But both are good. You are very talented.
AIR #17571
chapparel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:22 PM   #82
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Santa Barbara , California
Hi Martha,

Thank you for the compliment! I'm a bit of a hack, but I like futzing around to see if I can make things happen. The designs are not embroidered on the shirts, just printed.

Can't wait to meet you in a few weeks!
Old 01-23-2009, 09:07 AM   #83
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Just ordered two shirts; a long and a short sleeve. Will start sporting them at the Dead Horse Rally in Feb!

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #84
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
YIPEEEEE!!! Wear 'em loud and proud, Julianne!

I ordered one too. I hope the shirts come out looking ok. Let me know what you think when you get yours!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:50 AM   #85
4 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
I'm sure they will be wonderful! I ordered a sweatshirt from Airstream Life earlier this month and have basically been living in it!

I am going to make my reservation for Ocean Mesa in Santa Barbara for the 4 days before the Pismo Rally. I am just wondering if I want to drive straight threw from Surprise to Santa Barbara or stop over night the first night. I am leaving on Sunday so I should be able to make good time threw AZ & CA, I would think. Opinions and suggestions welcomed....

2003 International CCD
Old 01-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #86
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Talented Sisters

Meredith, I love your designs.......you are sooooooooooo talented.....

I am so bummed to miss another Sisters rally......don't think our trailer will be done by then........maybe next year (with pull throughs maybe)

Jullianne--you are looking at over 450 miles straight from Surprise.....perhaps a stop on the way would be in order.......going through or around LA at the end of the day might be taxing......be safe....

I will enjoy the rally through your posts ladies.......so please post early and often........paula
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:39 PM   #87
Rivet Master

1965 22' Safari
Three Rivers , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteSpot View Post
Meredith, I love your designs.......you are sooooooooooo talented.....

I am so bummed to miss another Sisters rally......don't think our trailer will be done by then........maybe next year (with pull throughs maybe)

Jullianne--you are looking at over 450 miles straight from Surprise.....perhaps a stop on the way would be in order.......going through or around LA at the end of the day might be taxing......be safe....

I will enjoy the rally through your posts ladies.......so please post early and often........paula
__________________________________________________ _____________

Paula, I will be going to this Silver Sister event, and if you are not going to have the Queen (just my name for her since I have a personal interest in her,) done by then, you are more than welcome to stay in my Safari with me. I will not be bringing my dogs for this trip and there are two beds in it so please consider this offer.
AIR #17571
chapparel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #88
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Paula, how's the worlds greatest grandma doing these days? We will miss you at the rally. Next year for sure, okay? We'll make sure you have a VIP pull-through for that purty new trailer of yours!

Julianne, I agree with Paula. Don't try and navigate to the LA area late in the day; n-i-g-h-t-m-a-r-e! Stop and smell the roses. Besides, three days is plenty of time to enjoy the beautiful Ocean Mesa RV Resort. Maybe we could go for a tootle around SB together one of those afternoons, or come on by our place for dinner if you're up for that. We're just 15 - 20 minutes South of Ocean Mesa.

Hey, would you be up for caravanning to Pismo together on Thursday? I am still a bit green around the gills when it comes to towing by myself. I'd feel a whole lot better following an experienced Sister down the road ...
Old 01-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #89
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
Kind sisters...........

Chapparel, you are very kind with your offer......and I will certainly consider it......

Meredith, grandmother duties are light but extremely rewarding.....we have lots of Capricorns in our tribe. Somehow I have been designated the birthday cake creator even though I barely finished Cake Decorating 101........

Julianne, I think TimeMachine posted a good route for getting around LA for someone who was spending a night in Pomona---think it was the 10 to 210 to the 118 to the 101 or something like that.....It may be farther in miles but the 10 will take you through downtown LA--which is not necessary unless you like traffic. The 210 is a newer freeway as is the 118.....just a thought anyway......

Will keep you all posted if I can join Chapparel..........thanks again Sisters...paula
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
Old 01-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #90
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
One more thing

Julianne, you might want to consider overnighting in some place like Indio or Palm Desert.....that would be about half way to Santa Barbara (although I am not familiar with any nice places to stay). Also El Capitan state park across the street from Ocean Mesa is a very nice campground.....boondocking if I remember correctly. JanetB posted some good site numbers a while back. p
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
Old 01-26-2009, 09:10 AM   #91
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianneJ View Post
I'm sure they will be wonderful! I ordered a sweatshirt from Airstream Life earlier this month and have basically been living in it!

I am going to make my reservation for Ocean Mesa in Santa Barbara for the 4 days before the Pismo Rally. I am just wondering if I want to drive straight threw from Surprise to Santa Barbara or stop over night the first night. I am leaving on Sunday so I should be able to make good time threw AZ & CA, I would think. Opinions and suggestions welcomed....
Julianne,
One who has passed through NM/AZ on the way to the Silver Sisters rally I suggest you stop somewhere around Barstow. If you have to go through the LA Valley you will hit it mid day.
Stay out of the right lane and follow the truckers. They provide protection.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:29 AM   #92
kristiana

1967 24' Tradewind
1960 Caravel
1962 16' Bambi
Gold Country & Palm Springs , California
Happy Chinese New Year!

Gung Hay Fat Choy, Chicas!

Hellllllooooooo from Las Vegas!

Meredith, I love the t-shirt designs, they're great! I can't wait to get one!
Julianne & Martha, it will be wonderful to have you join the group.

Just wanted to check in and say safe travels to everyone and I can't wait to kick back with y'all soon...

Love,
K.
kristiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:48 AM   #93
4 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Thanks all! You are so right, I will stop in the Indio area on the way down. Usually 4 hours driving at one time is my max these days.
My plan is to stay at Ocean Mesa in SB for a few nights before the Rally. I just can't wait to get to SO CAL!
My understanding is we can't get into our spots at Pismo until 4, check in time. So if anyone wants to Caravan in from SB I'm in!

2003 International CCD
Old 01-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #94
4 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdrmr View Post
Paula, how's the worlds greatest grandma doing these days? We will miss you at the rally. Next year for sure, okay? We'll make sure you have a VIP pull-through for that purty new trailer of yours!

Julianne, I agree with Paula. Don't try and navigate to the LA area late in the day; n-i-g-h-t-m-a-r-e! Stop and smell the roses. Besides, three days is plenty of time to enjoy the beautiful Ocean Mesa RV Resort. Maybe we could go for a tootle around SB together one of those afternoons, or come on by our place for dinner if you're up for that. We're just 15 - 20 minutes South of Ocean Mesa.

Hey, would you be up for caravanning to Pismo together on Thursday? I am still a bit green around the gills when it comes to towing by myself. I'd feel a whole lot better following an experienced Sister down the road ...
I would love to trip around SB with you one day! Do they really film the show Pysch there? Love love that show!

2003 International CCD
Old 01-31-2009, 08:33 AM   #95
4 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Got my silver sisters shirts yesterday! I went by the size chart on the website ordered medium instead of large which i normally would buy. Now I have two options, lose weight or be in a wet t-shirt contest!

2003 International CCD
Old 01-31-2009, 03:27 PM   #96
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Oh...thanks for the tip.
Order UP a size or hold your breath!

BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:58 PM   #97
4 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
SS leisure attire

I just got mine too, and luckily it fits pretty good. I wish I got a long sleeve...Oh well, it's a good excuse to buy another one before the rally .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	silver sisters logo tshirt back.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	384.3 KB
ID:	74886  
Old 01-31-2009, 10:09 PM   #98
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
2017 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Ojai , California
Hey, Ladies! Like Paula, our rig is not quite done.....late this year, perhaps? I hope you keep this up. I'd like to tag along in the future!
Accredited Appraisal Firm www.PolkAssociates-llc.com
SilverPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:30 PM   #99
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Laguna Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPal View Post
Hey, Ladies! Like Paula, our rig is not quite done.....late this year, perhaps? I hope you keep this up. I'd like to tag along in the future!
Lynda...! I hope that since you aren't too far away that you 'sneak' away from home and join us for awhile? The first rally we had quite a few drop ins!
... now I have to go order my T's....

https://www.debraschottfineart.blogspot.com
Babeebloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:58 PM   #100
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Lynda, you have to join us!
Got my tee, and Meredith, your designs are terrific! However, the "silver sisters" logo on the front is maybe not such a good idea for me. So I'm doing a re-order for a back design. In a larger size. Darn.
Thanks for sharing your amazing talents!
XO