Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > The Pet Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-09-2023, 11:29 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Myakka City , Florida
Pet Monitor

I am looking for suggestions for pet monitors. Which one you use and/or which is the best? Are there ones that monitor temp and also has camera? We have Starlink and will be using it for connection; will that create a problem?

Thank you for any information you can provide. As you can tell, I have not clue about monitors but I do know I want my pets to be safe if we leave them for any amount of time.
thebaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 11:49 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
2020 25' International
minneapolis , Minnesota
One thing to consider is replacing the domestic thermostat with the microair easy touch, it will work off of your starlink.

https://links.airforums.com/u/click?...ei8Jbvrf-9Q%3D
Old 04-09-2023, 11:51 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
I went with buying a webcam (Kasa pan and tilt) and a separate thermometer (ThermPro TP62). Put the thermomerter where the camera can see it and done. No monthly fees.
DCPAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 12:02 PM   #4
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
A couple of friends with pets use this to monitor temperature and power in their RVs while away from the rig: MeetMarcell.com It does not provide visuals but the real time update upgrade ($2/mth over base rate $15/mth)) is the timeliness way to know the environment limits you want are still happening. Those friends like the independent power, cell phone network dependency but don't boondock. The downside for this solution is remote areas without cell coverage means no link. I'm not Starlink savvy so can't comment on that interface ability.

I recently had a conversation with another RV friend who had to gush about his discovery of a 'better' pet habitat monitoring solution. The device can be used anywhere the couple go (within range of a cell tower) and need to leave their pets behind for a short period. This solution can be left in the RV, a car/SUV, or even their house to stay aware of the temperature via their cell phone in real time. This is that link: MyWaggle.com

A number of other users I’ve met use baby monitors that are basically Alexa devices (Wansview.com) and install wifi networks using a cell company data pack to transmit status. It takes a bit more tech savvy to keep these setups running and you only get visual and audio, not temperature alarms, but you can talk to your pets. A power loss will stop updates so you can’t verify status when that happens.

Sir Tristan
Air #48582, S/SO #003, WBCCI #4584
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 02:04 PM   #5
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1000pre View Post
One thing to consider is replacing the domestic thermostat with the microair easy touch, it will work off of your starlink.

https://links.airforums.com/u/click?...ei8Jbvrf-9Q%3D
This would be my recommendation as well. The easy touch is such a big improvement over the stock thermostat and will not only give you a reading of the temperature but also allow you to change it as desired.
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 08:34 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2009 23' International
2020 27' Globetrotter
GREENSBURG , PA
I use RV Whisperer. It is great, I monitor a many parameters and am alerted immediately if any fall out of spec, including loss of power (if you have your inverter on). I also run Blink Cameras. None of which required a subscription.
Joe15601 is offline   Reply With Quote