Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-12-2015, 02:28 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1961 24' Tradewind
Reading , Berkshire
1961 Tradewind tongue jack disassembly help needed

It feels like the grease in my '61 Tradewind's tongue jack has dried up, it is getting stiff and vibrates when cranked but apart from that it still works fine.

Can anyone give me any pointers on how to disassemble it so that it can be cleaned and lubricated please?

There's a domed rivet which forms the pivot for the cranking handle, does that have to come out? If so, any tips for removal/re-fitting so that the jack still looks original and unmolested?

Lastly, apologies... this question must have been asked a thousand times but I can't find anything on the internet, it appears most folks just fit a replacement jack. I just crave originality and would like to do all that I can to keep what I believe to be the original jack in service for the years to come.

Thanks.
ATurner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags