Ok, I've spent the last couple of weeks working the wing windows and exterior seams and old sealant. Tonight I decided to work on the big front window (the one between the wing windows, not sure of the correct term for it so I will refer to it as the big front window).
I managed to figure out how to get the window out without having to remove the frame. There are a couple of screws on the window openers that I removed which allowed the openers to slide out of the window frame. I then swung the window outward way up and out of the hinge. I was surprised how easily it came out of the channel. So at this point I have both wing windows out and the big front window removed.
The next problem was trying to figure out how to get the panes of window out of the frame so I can clean them up.
I finally managed to figure out how to get the frame apart. It took me about 2 hours, careful drilling, and some gentle prying, but it finally worked free.
Here is why it took so long to get apart. There are steel angle pieces that tied the corners of the frame together with rivets going through one side of the frame, through the hole in the angle bracket, and on to the other side of the frame. It looks as if over time the steel had rusted enough to make it very difficult for the angles to slide out of the frame. The rust was more prominent at the bottom corners of the window than the top corners I'm guessing because the water would gather at the bottom corners.
After I got the window panes removed it was time to pry apart the double pane. Lacquer thinner seems to do a pretty good job with the butyl, better than Xylene that I used on the wing windows. As of now, I have one of the double panes cleaned up and I'm ready to work on the other.