Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > Commercial Listings
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-05-2010, 08:08 AM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
asbury park , New Jersey
One more thought;

i often buy fonts, and a major recurring problem is that once i buy it, i can easily redistribute the font...

so hypothetically speaking....if your selling 'information' whats to stop someone from...redistributing it , unauthorized? ie, one person buys it and posts it elsewhere online for others to see for free?

You'll still need the membership card checks. just trying to help you see the potential for future problems...
NJtoNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #22
1 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Prescott , Arizona
Hi everyone,

We are thrilled with all the great feedback we're getting and here are some ideas for you!

First, to clear up any confusion, as of right this moment, we have 101 Hosts in 21 states. I will go back and check and update the website for Host number info. IK we just found the spot where it says three states, I guess that was on one of our original pages (Who is Harvest Hosts, that is us by the way) so if you go back right now and look, that info is gone, we have 101 Hosts. We update the maps every Friday so by the end of today, there will be more info.

Second, we will contact every one of our Hosts to ask them to be more involved in membership, for example, any non-member motorhome that visits would need to accept the Harvest Hosts Code of Conduct and join before staying overnight. That way we could put more Host details on the website. But the Hosts must agree first. Since this could take some time,

Third, because of the time that it may take to get responses, we will offer a 30-day money-back guarantee for your membership.

We do issue membership cards and vehicle stickers for the Hosts to check.

The green balloons indicate the number of Hosts in that location, the blue balloons mean only one location. We're going to change that so that it is uniform (the maps don't always do what we want them to do )

You don't have to buy anything, but your Hosts would certainly appreciate it! It's why they are opening up their properties to you.

Keep all the great feedback coming, it's how we are going to make this a great program for everyone!

Kim
Harvest Hosts
harvesthosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:15 AM   #23
1 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Prescott , Arizona
Harvest Hosts at Gypsy Journal gathering

By the way, we will have a booth at the Gypsy Journal Gathering in Yuma, AZ that starts on Monday 3/8. If any of you will be there, please stop by, we'd love to meet you.

Kim
Old 03-17-2010, 02:28 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Prescott , Arizona
Lots of new Harvest Hosts members

Hello friends,
We have returned from the RV Rally in Yuma and we had a terrific response there. Lots of new members and we even got new Hosts while we were there! So we are up to 112 Hosts in 22 states! We are still working hard to increase our Host locations and to make our website informative and easy to use. Thanks to all who have made comments!

Kim
Old 03-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 24
Science Hill , Kentucky
Well, I am excited to see that you have added even more sites....I will be joining up and looking forward to trying this new concept out!!! You also may think latter on to add for your previous members and those that truly love it----offering a lifetime membership too.
Dotz(daschund) CB (daschund) Oh and 3 kids!!!
TAC# KY-3
mouth012006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:36 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Great idea and really appreciate your effort to put it together. The Northeast is behind the curve for something new as usual. Hope to see more New England and New York sites. We really like to support the local farmers when we are on the road and just knowing where they are whether taking a free stay or not will be helpful. Unfortunately the land here isn't as free style camper friendly as you have in other parts of the US. Won't even mind a work/camp arrangement when traveling at some point. Sell some wine, drink some wine, pass out in the trailers.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:49 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 24
Science Hill , Kentucky
Well I just paid my $20.00 dues and will wait to get my info to check out the sites!!! Happy Camping!
Dotz(daschund) CB (daschund) Oh and 3 kids!!!
TAC# KY-3
mouth012006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #28
1 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Prescott , Arizona
Hello friends,

Mouth012006, thank you very much for your membership and yes, we have considered a lifetime membership, but that will be sometime down the road Regarding access, you can use your username and password immediately to access the members-only pages. Your membership card and sticker will come in the mail in about a week.

Over59, thank you for your nice comments. We got lots of feedback at the Rally regarding the northeast so we will start researching that area soon.

Thank you all and keep those comments coming!

Kim
Old 12-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #29
1 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Prescott , Arizona
Harvest Hosts keeps growing and growing

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted, but that could be because we've been so busy growing!

We currently have 468 Hosts in all the lower 48 states, 7 Canadian provinces, Alaska and Baja CA!

We also have 2,000 RV members with lots of Airstream owners having great visits to the Hosts.

One of our Airstream members will be giving a seminar about Harvest Hosts at Alumaflamingo in Sarasota, FL on Fri 2/21/14 at 11pm. Be sure to stop in!

The photo below was one of the many sent to us from our members of their visits to Hosts. You will also be able to view all the other great photos on our Flickr page by clicking on the link.

(MI_Host_O | Flickr - Photo Sharing!)

Thanks for all your very useful comments and we invite you to visit the webpage at Free Camping with Harvest Hosts at Wineries, Farms and Orchards
Old 12-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Olympia , Washington
I really like this concept. Are there any members on the forum? What do you think? What have your experiences been?

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
Centramatics
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
We belonged to HH for a year to try it out.
I think it is still in the early stages of development, but could be great in the future.
We managed to stay at two wineries. One in SC and one in NC. Both were accommodating and interesting. At one winery, the host was very very nice and kept pouring tastings until I could barely make it back to the trailer. She was very knowledgeable and interesting. We purchased wine at both and walked the winery at one. We were unable to attain hosting at several others as they were not open at the time of our needed date. The wineries are found mostly away from the main travel arteries which is fine for us but may not be for those in a rush.

I do not care for the format of their catalog as it is online only and confusing. Many listings do not indicate what main artery is near for us traveling through. Also, the annual fee is a bit high at this time for the limited host members and was raised again this year. We pd. $35. a couple years ago. I am sure it will get better as time goes by and we will probably join again later when there are more wineries available with more consistent hours. Now the hours are different at every location as are the days available for hosting. Makes it very hard to make arrangements when you are traveling.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Wethersfield , Connecticut
We joined this year and visited a couple on our way down the east coast. Both farms. And both very accommodating. Neither minded if we ran our honda 2000 to recharge and kids loved it too.

So far so good
Thomas_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:17 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
I just joined today. We tend to visit a winery or two :-) We are planning a big trip south and west this winter and hope to do as much non-campground camping as possible. Part of joining HH gets you a discount at Boondockers Welcome, which I also joined. Looks like a courtesy parking network that is not brand-specific. I will try both for a year and see if they are worthwhile.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
I just joined today. We tend to visit a winery or two :-) We are planning a big trip south and west this winter and hope to do as much non-campground camping as possible. Part of joining HH gets you a discount at Boondockers Welcome, which I also joined. Looks like a courtesy parking network that is not brand-specific. I will try both for a year and see if they are worthwhile.
We were in Harvest Hosts for a year. We enjoyed a couple wineries. May rejoin again now that they have more places to visit.
I did also just recently join Boondockers, however it does not work for us. You have to leave a msg. that Boondocker's passes on to the host and it may take days before someone gets back to us. Since we have been on the road we are usually past the area we are trying to get a spot in before anyone returns our request. You can not call the host directly, which for us does not work. We have done much better w WBCCI courtesy parking where we can call the host directly. I tried once with Boondockers and waited 2 weeks for a response, way too long.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:55 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreamNTyme View Post
We were in Harvest Hosts for a year. We enjoyed a couple wineries. May rejoin again now that they have more places to visit.
I did also just recently join Boondockers, however it does not work for us. You have to leave a msg. that Boondocker's passes on to the host and it may take days before someone gets back to us. Since we have been on the road we are usually past the area we are trying to get a spot in before anyone returns our request. You can not call the host directly, which for us does not work. We have done much better w WBCCI courtesy parking where we can call the host directly. I tried once with Boondockers and waited 2 weeks for a response, way too long.
Glad for the feedback, particularly for boondockers. I can see how this would be a problem. When you're on the road and need to stop, you can't always plan it. Maybe this why WalMart and Cracker Barrel remain so popular for that purpose!

Hopefully with the wide use of smartphones, most people are getting emails read within minutes, not days. I hope this improves the response for boondockers. It would be nice if there was one network online for all courtesy parking (i.e. HH, WBCCI, Airforums, Boondockers, Saving Sams (or whatever they are called), etc) could all be on one interactive map and you could pay one fee for all of them.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:21 PM   #36
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
I am looking forward to giving this a go. Sounds like it is perfect for a produce & wine loving girl like me. Plus I think overnighting in a serene setting can not be beat.

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 01:24 PM   #37
Rivet Master

1984 34' International
Toronto , Ontario
We stayed at a winery in Ontario last year. Wonderful people, a great campsite with our own fire, snug against the forest.

For those complaining about the annual membership fee, considering we're getting free camping out of this it only takes a night or two and we're in the black.

We'll be planning future trips around more locations.
andreasduess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:34 AM   #38
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Harvest Host ~ Huston Vineyards ~ Caldwell, Idaho

For my first Harvest Host experience I stayed at Huston Vineyards in Caldwell, Idaho. Gregg & Mary Alger were the most gracious hosts. They have a very interesting story, their presentation during the wine tasting is entertaining, informative and unique. The wines are delicious! Saturday afternoon after returning from the Boise Farmers Market I bought a bottle of their Chicken Dinner White, sat at one of their tables outside the tasting room with some wonderful bread and goat cheese I purchased at the Farmers Market and had a delightful time talking with their son Josh, hanging with their two black labs Huston and Hersey, soaking up the sunshine, enjoying the view and people watching.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	huston3 (2).jpg
Views:	284
Size:	314.7 KB
ID:	237285   Click image for larger version

Name:	huston4.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	237286  

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:01 PM   #39
Hail on wheels

1992 25' Excella
Little Elm , Texas
I cannot wait. My husband is retired and I will retire at the end of the year. I intend to be a join this group.
Can't wait

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 03-31-2017, 07:12 AM   #40
4 Rivet Member

Chelsea , Maine
Almost two years?

Harvest Hosts is such a good deal I can't believe there haven't been any posts here for so long!
My wife and I joined for a year, got several free months added on, and just renewed with a lifetime membership.
Our experience with Harvest Hosts has been nothing short of terrific! We've stayed at several locations in our travels from Florida to Maine and back and have a few favorite 'must stay' spots, and try to find new spots with each trip.
Some places are off the beaten path, and some have very easy access to Interstates. Just check the map and plan your route.
Yes, there are time/day restrictions at some places, but come on, folks. These are working businesses. They are offering a place to stay at no charge, often great food and drink is available, and some of the scenic vistas just take your breath away. They deserve a day off, and if that doesn't work for you, there are other Hosts that might be able to accommodate you.
If you want a region with lots of Hosts, great wine, and gorgeous views, I got two words for you...
Finger Lakes
Equal-I-Zer 10K/1000
JMynes is offline   Reply With Quote