Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
Thanks for all this information! shortly after I got my moho used, the grey tank readings went off: the empty tank read about half full. The output tank sensors are very accessible on the Class A, and when I pulled the sensor to swap it, it was filled with crud. I think the PO was water-frugal and the grey tank solids just built up. Now the water tank reading is screwing up, but I don't know (yet) where that sensor is. Maybe install a SeeLevel and do the fresh water tank first, then the others as they die...
Old 10-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #22
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
In the FWIW department, Airstream has switched tank monitoring systems. If one ever breaks, I'll see if I can snap a couple of photos of the part that goes in the tanks. I hope it is a very, very long time before I can provide said photos.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2021 25' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
In the FWIW department, Airstream has switched tank monitoring systems. If one ever breaks, I'll see if I can snap a couple of photos of the part that goes in the tanks. I hope it is a very, very long time before I can provide said photos.
I believe they are using the SeeLevel system I installed. The best part is that the monitor uses sensors that actually stick to the outside of the tank. "No muss no fuss"..... I still hope you have no need to replace one for a long time!
Bruce
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #24
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
I believe they are using the SeeLevel system I installed. The best part is that the monitor uses sensors that actually stick to the outside of the tank. "No muss no fuss"..... I still hope you have no need to replace one for a long time!
Bruce
That is the brand name.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2021 25' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Rhode Island
For once in my life I am a trend setter!
Bruce
Old 10-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Burlington , Kentucky
Bruce, I'm renovating our 72Safari and have purchased the same unit. I see that both the pump and heater are powered thru the see level monitor... Do you think the wires are a little undersized?
Debnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2021 25' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnw View Post
Bruce, I'm renovating our 72Safari and have purchased the same unit. I see that both the pump and heater are powered thru the see level monitor... Do you think the wires are a little undersized?
The manual is very specific about this. You must relay the heater and the pump!!!
You will damage the unit if you try to run current from either device directly through the monitor.
Bruce
Old 02-19-2014, 11:46 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2021 25' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Rhode Island
As I have has a few questions about my instalation, I thought I would take this moment to announce that the SeeLevel system I installed just shy of 11 months ago has worked to perfection thus far. No recalibrating, no looking down the toilet, no running out of watet just a nice simple gage panel/system that works. So far that is about 11 times as long as the best run I had with the one installed by Airstream.
Bruce

Sent from my SM-N900V using Airstream Forums mobile app
Old 02-19-2014, 11:57 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Tampa , Florida
Nice... think Im going same route
Mixter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:19 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Roseville , California
Well, I have great news! After a significant amount of argument and complaint, I have become the first factory authorized, warranty conversion for our trailer from the MicroPulse to the See Level system. And the results-----the See Level system works perfectly!

Yes, the sensors aren't quite the right length for the tanks in our 25FB. The
current sensor strips are too short. That means that you end up with approximately 1/8 tank reserve both below and above the measured readings. For example, when the fresh water tank is filled, you can run a few gallons with the sensor still showing 100%. The sensors will accurately show the water level down to 0 at which you still have about 5 gallons in reserve. Over all, not a bad setup.

Installation, however, was not easy. The service techs had to cut holes in the belly pans to get access to the tanks. Apparently the factory never foresaw the need to change tanks-ever.
Zymurbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:24 AM   #31
3 Rivet Member

2010 28' International
Richmond Hill , Georgia
Any idea how many hours the JC techs took? Might have to swing through there and let them convert my 2010 International 28. I'm timid about drilling holes in the pan and not knowing what I might accidentally hit.
jmcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:59 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Roseville , California
It was actually done at Bay Area Airstream in Fairfield, CA. I know it took a few complete days but much of that was because I was the first one. My guess is that JC should be able to do it in 1 1/2 - 2 days.
Zymurbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:36 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
When I was checking on this on my recent trip to JC, I was quoted $2500 (not a free warranty repair/upgrade) and probably 3 days. Didn't seem worth it to me. I'm pretty familiar with the levels at this point. They did recalibrate the sensors and they've been spot on since then. Don't know if that will last long but it's not as important to me as it was last year when they were a mess and I was just learning.

Apparently the seelevel is very good - enjoy!!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:49 PM   #34
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
The Villages , Florida
Does anyone know where true sensors are located on a 2006 34' classic? If I knew where they are located, I might try to do some replacing. I'm not about to pay $2500.00 or even close to that.

And if you know where they are, how do you get at them? Take off the big pan under the trailer?
[COLOR="Red"]WBCCI #4941

"Jerry and our Amazing Dream Stream"
PhiDor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:58 AM   #35
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
I retrofitted our second trailer (1989 29' Excella) with the See Level system. With a little thought it was not a bad project. A couple of hours of your time is all it should take.
I was able to use all the existing wiring so it was really a matter of having access to the tank, crimping the connectors and making a place to put the control board.
The system worked great!
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f444...led-78854.html
Hensley Arrow hitch with adjustable stinger
WBCCI # 3072
crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:06 AM   #36
2020 Classic 33

Box Elder , South Dakota
So I notice in some of the photos of the new 2015's that the tank indicator appears to be different. Anyone know if they have finally changed from the MicroPulse and if so to what brand? Looks like a See Level but not sure.
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #37
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
I believe it is the See Level system. A good move by Airstream Inc.
WBCCI # 3072
Old 06-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #38
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
The Villages , Florida
I sent Airstream a message last night asking for a Service Bulletin on how to change the sensors on a Micro Pulse on my 34' Classic. No answer yet, but I will share whatever comes along. Is this in the same category as a GM ignition switch? It could be a health hazard.
[COLOR="Red"]WBCCI #4941

"Jerry and our Amazing Dream Stream"
PhiDor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #39
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Houston Texas , Texas
Sensors themselves

So in looking at Krispys post, do the sensors go on the outside of the plastic tank or do you drill into the tank side itself?

I have no idea what the current MicroPulse sensor looks like but mine worked about a year from new and then just all register empty aside from the freshwater tank which goes from full to empty when you extract one gallon from it!

Cool setup, challenging install and I guess it will be quite a bit different from model to model.
SafariSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:16 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
The sensors are cut to size with a scissors and attached with a very strong adhesive on the exterior of the tank. The sensors will not be the perfect size for the tank but will get you close enough for what you need to know. I skewed the fresh water sensor towards the bottom so I knew just how much water there was left and the grey and black towards the top so I knew how much capacity was left in the tank.
My trailer already had inspection plates on the bottom of the tank pans where the old sensors were located.
WBCCI # 3072