Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2023 16' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Chgo. N.W. Burb's , Illinois
What was I Thinking ?

We recieved 12inches of snow the other day,so I thought I would use the Snowblower and clean the Drive and around our 2007 Safari.Well I got a little to close and in less than a second the Blower got the trailer Breakaway cable and ripped it from the unit and wrapped in the snowblower blades,ate it and spit it out across my neighbors yard! Wow. After clearing out the cable,looking for pieces etc. I remembered about the Brakes draining the battery. My luck changed and found a wood dowel to insert into to brake switch unit to open the contacts.A day later i was able to purcase a new cable.Next time I'll remember ?
knunut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:06 PM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Wow! That sounds like my luck. If there had been a million dollar prize for being able to surgically remove the brake cable from an Airstream with a snow blower without doing any other damage, I couldn't have done it in a million tries.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:12 PM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags
Wow! That sounds like my luck. If there had been a million dollar prize for being able to surgically remove the brake cable from an Airstream with a snow blower without doing any other damage, I couldn't have done it in a million tries.
Where you live, have you actually seen a snowblower in person? I have gotten the umbilical caught in the weedeater a couple of times, would that be the Florida equivalent?
Old 12-03-2006, 03:57 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
Snow?

Hmm.....snow? Snow? Snow plow...snow blower..? Can't relate. I saw a Zamboni once. But that was indoors. Oh well, must be the glare of this So. Cal sun. Just kidding. Funny story. Thanks for the smile.
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
1956 22' Caravanner
Mendon , Massachusetts
Send a message via AIM to muddy_hollow Send a message via Yahoo to muddy_hollow
Count your blessings

Imagine this, a dog cable burried under the snow, a single auger snow blower turning at high RPMs, and an owner who didn't remember that the dog cable was there.....

Yep you guessed it, took the snow blower and me across our back patio at near light speed

Nothing broken, nothing bruised, but you can imagine how quickly I stood up and checked to make sure no one saw me!!

Doug

muddy_hollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:03 PM   #6
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy_hollow

Yep you guessed it, took the snow blower and me across our back patio at near light speed
Doug
Will we be seeing this on America's Funniest Home Videos?
Old 12-03-2006, 07:40 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy_hollow
Imagine this, a dog cable burried under the snow, a single auger snow blower turning at high RPMs, and an owner who didn't remember that the dog cable was there.....

Nothing broken, nothing bruised, but you can imagine how quickly I stood up and checked to make sure no one saw me!!

Doug
Doug, I'm taking it that the dog was not attached to the chain at the time....and I'm sure the dog thinks you deserved it for having a chain there to start with.....

Wow, you sure know how to add a bit of fun to the snow removal routine.

Barry
safari57 is offline   Reply With Quote