Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > General Motorhome Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Motorhome Water Leak:

On a trip last week I noticed water dripping from the rear of the right rear wheel well. The flow increased until we only turned on water pressure when we needed to use water of cleaning or cooking. Now we are home and I need to find and fix the source of the leak.

Looking at the diagram it appears it may be where the main water line to the kitchen sink is connected to the shower. My only problem is how to get to the pipe to repair it.

Must I pull out the shower? I really hope not as it looks like quite a job.

Fortunately no part of the floor is wet either in the kitchen or clothes closet.

AIRSTREAM 345 TURBO-DIESEL
VFW, LEGION, NRA

cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1983 31' Airstream310
Iowa City , Iowa
Drain valves...?

Our '82 310 has a pair of drain valves in the pipes that go to the shower, behind the passenger rear wheel well.

Last year I opened them when winterizing and then when I tried to close them in the spring, they leaked for a while. I guess the rubber seals finally took hold after a few days of warm weather.

Your coach is a 345 and newer, but maybe this part is similar.

I found the drain valves in the compartment under the closet.

Thanks.

Auretrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:19 AM   #3
The Hawk's Lair

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
BACK WOODS , Minnesota
Someone e-mailed me a very good idea. They suggested that before I pulled the shower, I cut an access hole from the closet behind the shower head. Good idea!

In fact Airstream apparently thought of that as well. I unloaded the closet and, lo and behold, they provided a removable access panel. I removed the three screws holding it in place and the entire mixing head was exposed. I easily found the plastic fitting that had cracked and replaced it. I am now ready to button it back up.

For a job I dreaded, it was a piece of cake!!!!

AIRSTREAM 345 TURBO-DIESEL
VFW, LEGION, NRA

cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:08 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Yea, Cooperhawk! I shudder to think about having to pull the shower.

Tracy
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote