Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-03-2003, 09:32 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Seattle , WA
Remote mirror controls

I recently promised some guy on ebay that I will buy his brand new in unopened box remote heated chrome Velvac mirrors for $400 the pair. His reserve was 300 but he said he would sell for 400 plus shipping and cancel the auction for me, so I agreed. Now he says that he's not sure if the interior controls for these are included. Does anyone know if these come with the controls in the box? These are specifically for an Am Eagle, but he said they would fit any RV. And I wonder how much someone will charge for installing them. I tried many, many times to get a quote from Inland RV to no avail. Emails nor calls were never returned. Andy at Inland had suggested Ramco remotes in some other thread.
Astrodokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 07:04 AM   #2
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
I got a set off ebay a year or so ago and they came with the controls, the only thing missing was the plastic plugs to cover the screw holes.

If they are the bus mount style that go on the front they aren't going to work without making some type of base to mount them on the curves and reinforcements for the inside. Mine are pretty heavy and the longer arms would be heavier and more leverage.

John
Attached Images

74Argosy24MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 04:50 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Seattle , WA
John,

These were the bus type and worse, were huge! I returned them to the seller. The picture he had posted didn't even come close to what I got. Anyway, you were right about the mounting too. The contour was not correct. I've contacted Ramco and hope they get to me with order info and price. I believe the mirror I need is the 9000 series. I've posted more on a thread titled side mirrors started by Alan.
Astrodokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 05:04 PM   #4
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
The ones in the picture are Velvac 2025. Remote, heated and a convex mirror at the bottom. I put a piece of 1/8" plate inside and bolted it to the channel that is part of the front cage because they are heavier than the originals. Mine originally just had a reinforcement plate behind the skin and I didn't think it would take the load.

John
74Argosy24MH is offline   Reply With Quote