Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Blogs
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old

Front window repair complete

Posted 06-15-2012 at 06:33 AM by motrbungalow

Armed with weather stripping, butyl tape, glazing, and new window cranks from VTS we set about replacing the front window. The previous owner had installed plexiglass which he seated in the frame with silicone caulk. We removed the plexiglass and scrubbed away the silicone. The new window looks fantastic. So clear you can see through it ;-)

You can check out the pictures on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/7440590...7629921825244/
1 Rivet Member
Old

Bambi II front window repair

Posted 06-05-2012 at 07:10 AM by motrbungalow
Updated 06-08-2012 at 06:41 AM by motrbungalow
Tags bambi, window

It all started with a broken window crank. We ordered a replacement from VTS. Then noticed that weather stripping was rock hard. Then noticed that the window was plexiglass sealed with silicone. Decided that if I'm taking the crank off, I should fix all this other stuff while I'm at it. Sound familiar?

I've ordered new weather stripping, butyl tape, and tempered glass. I could only get 1/8" glass. The dimensions were 16.5" x 37.5". The glass won't arrive for...
1 Rivet Member
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.